Zeder, uncut, anamorphic!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Werner Von Wallenrod, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Product name: Zeder (DVD)
    Product number: DVD760
    RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 2002

Mystery, science fiction and horror fuel this pulse-pounding supernatural thriller from Italian director Pupi Avati. Not your usual zombie film, but a thought-provoking puzzler steeped in ancient mysteries, 'Zeder' will make you believe the dead can walk again. Stefano, a budding novelist, receives the innocent gift of a used typewriter from his wife on their wedding anniversary. While changing the ribbon, he discovers the typed imprint of writing left by the previous owner. Fascinated by this startling essay, Stefano uncovers the experiments of scientist Paolo Zeder whose claims of places where death ceases to exist intrigue the young writer. Obsessed with finding the truth about Zeder's theories, Stefano is led on a terrifying journey where he is confronted with an occult conspiracy to reanimate the dead!

Info:
    Language: Italian (Mono / DD 5.1), English (Mono)
    Subtitles: Italian, English
    Format: 1.85:1 (Anamorphic)
    Uncut version
    Extras: Featurette, Trailers
    Region 2 (pal)

2. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

This rocks! Anything will be better than the previous DVD release. Pupi Avati is an amazing director, now only if they'd come out with Arcane Enchanter (my favorite)

3. Zeder

The running time of the Italian DVD is 102 minutes PAL, this means that the Image Entertainment version was cut!
    :confused:

Another title from Pupi Avati which is available at www.dvd.it is "La Casa dalle Fenestre Che Ridono"
    (House with the Laughing Windows).
    This one too has English subtitles and the print is nice. (widescreen)
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2002
  4. mcchrist

You know, I've been holding onto a bootleg copy of this for quite some time, yet I can't really get into it.

5. crank

crank Guest

Image is supposed to be releasing a DVD of Avati's House along with Franco's Virgin Among the Living Dead in March according to Fango's website.

crank

6. mcchrist

I'll be avoiding that like the plague. I respect Avati and all, and I've given House a chance, but there is no way I will be allowing A Virgin Among the Living Dead 50 feet near my collection. There is no movie worse than that.