Zeder...

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by marcx, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Watched this today.
    So here's another of my highly regarded and often copied but never surpassed minireviews ;):

Great film and not slow at all.Kept me interested the entire film (which doesn't happen alot these days).Sometimes creepy,sometimes just gorgeous.
    I noticed quite a lot of similarities with Avati's other film House with the Windows that Laugh but for some reason also some similarities with Perfume of the Lady in Black.And as said before,Pet Semetary.
    Also a very Gialloesque plot (like Windows) and it also has a Gothic feel to it.

It's a wonderful film that needs a bit more recognition IMO.
    There's some killing but not overly gory but the FX are well done.Italian style.
    The acting was good and I had no problems with the dubbing.I watched in English because it worked the best for me.
    Italian audio is included but the subs are literally taken from the English audio and is very different in places plus it uses different cues.No biggie but still annoying.
    Picture quality is great,no problems there.
    Highly recommended!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I have always really liked this movie alot. I feel that it kind of got the same bad rep with US viewers because of the misleading US ads under the Revenge of the Dead title. In this way the movie is alot like Halloween III (if people would just get over the fact that it is not a sequel they may actually get some enjoyment out of the movie), people go expecting a walking dead gut muching opus...and instead get something alot more literate and subtle. Very underrated in my opinion!

3. Crystal Plumage

At least the thread got back to the front page,so people can read about this underrated film again.
    It needs a new R1 release IMO,for those interested.

4. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

Im impressed with the originality Avati shows in his films. zeder had it and also house with the laughing windows.

5. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Member

There is a R1 DVD release of this under the tile "revenge of the dead". Anyone know if the audio/video is decent? Cut?

6. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

I haven't seen that version, but according to the reviews at Amazon it's fullscreen with poor video quality and missing 10 minutes of footage.

7. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I think there were actually 2 North American releases of this under the title Revenge of the Dead.Unless one was a boot...

8. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There is the Cydonia Pictures release which is apparently awful, but I can find another on ebay--not Image Entertainment--that says it was released on Aug 2005 R1 under Zeder. Very sketchy. Only 90 mins though, so cut.

Huh.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ZEDER-DVD-NEW_W0QQitemZ290301247271QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item290301247271&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

9. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

MovieMars are a legit company so this wouldn't be a boot but still probably not what you are looking for.I think I had this version at one time but cant think of the company name that released it.

10. Crystal Plumage

There are three releases of Zeder: The Image release which apparently has crappy quality, the Revenge of the Dead DVD which is fullscreen and could be cut and there's the Italian DVD which is the best.
    I remember Tony having it for $30 or something:
    http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/zeder-p-703.html
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  11. Crystal Plumage