Zip.ca = Stop screwing me around.

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash28M, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Anyone here from Canada rent online from zip.ca or anyone have issues with Online renters period.

In there help files they state that if they haven't received a DVD back from you 6 days after you sent it report it stolen. I have had to do this three times already since November and once it was 3 DVD's that I sent together that they never received. So I just got an email the other day saying that my account is on hold pending an investigation. SO now I have to wait while still paying and not receiving DVD's until they sort it out since I have reported a total of 5 stolen. Like I have any say in what happens to a DVD once it put it in the mail box. I have been calling and writing them constantly pestering them and they haven't even wrote me back in two days. I understand that they are afraid that people might be stealing they DVD's and reporting them stolen, but how is that my problem that's the hazards of the industry as far as I’m concerned. Why can't they just continue to send my DVD's why they are investigating this. it's not like there going to find out anything in there investigation most likely some employees at Canada post see the zip.ca envelopes and just steal the discs.
    Any thought on what I should do or anyone have similar issues.

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

I've been at Zip since September, and I've never had that problem. If anything, I have had the opposite problem, when it has taken a couple weeks for a disc to arrive, so I report it stolen, but then it ends up finding its way to my house a few days later. I can't really say I have that many complaints though, they are extremely fast and I've definitely got my money's worth out of them. I don't really know any solutions to your problem...perhaps you could call them and try to sort it out?

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I called them yesterday and all they told me was that they were investigating and sorry for the inconvenience. Overall I was happy with them but treating me like I’m stealing there DVD’s is starting to piss me off. First they said I wasn’t eligible for there returns program that allows you to tell them you sent them the DVD’s, so they can ship them out faster , because at the time I had already made a stolen DVD claim. And now this.

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I've never had a problem with them. my DVDs have always shown up quickly (knock wood) and the one time I got a defective disc, they replaced it without any hassle and fast too. sorry to hear that you're having problems. hope the people that are handling my discs remain honest and don't start stealing them.

and that returns program is great!!!

oh and maybe you should tell them to cancel your membership so at least you're not still paying while you're not receiving any DVDs.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I just got my account deactivated yesterday because of 7 dvd's lost in the mail. All of them were lost on the way there and none on the way to my house. Someone needed to monitor my mail man. Of course I paid for it in the end even though I did nothing wrong. My entire experience with Zip has left a bad taste in my mouth. Terribly slow support, they punish you for things you have no control over, and the more you use there service the less they want you as a customer, just a head ache over all. Shows you just how much they care about you as customer, all they care about is the bottom line. Sad because I used recommend them to everyone.

6. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Damn man, that just sounds like a bad situation that I really couldn't blame neither you nor Zip.ca for reacting to like you both did.

I have this feeling that there is a third party somewhere enjoying some free dvds. :(

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

I'm quite surprised by this really, as I've been with Zip for over a year now without any problems. In fact, since opening up a Calgary branch, I've found a momentus increase in the speed of delivery. And I've never lost anything in the mail. Their feedback on their support forum has always been really quick as well. It just sounds like you've been burden with some bad luck, Ash.

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Reading their message boards looks like i'm not the only who had this problem.

The only reason I really care is because their selection is amazing. Looks like I'm just going to have ask my sister to put it on her credit card and get it send to her house. dickheads.

It had to be the guy who collects the mail from my community box. They say 4/5 of people never report one stolen and they all arrive at the sorting facility. SO the odds of 7 of mine missing at the sorting facility where 4/5 of people don't have any stolen is not good. My mail man is the common denominator here.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  9. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah, someone in the Post Office near you must be ripping you off. I've never had this problem, and I've been a member for a year now. That's the problem with sending the DVDs in such obvious envelopes: sticky fingered people can easily tell what's in the envelope. You're basically at the mercy of whether you can trust your postman.

10. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

It goes without saying, but you should contact your postmaster about this, as they have ways to track/catch said offenders. Not saying that they will, but even if the delivery person quits jacking other people's mail just because they know superiors are watching them closer, then it will be worth it.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Well today I got an email from Zip saying I have 4 DVD that need to be returned 3 that I just put in the mail over the last couple of days but the other I reported stolen in April! This crap never ends. It's like i'm in a cult I can't get out of.

12. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

This was there response when I wrote them about the DVD i reported stolen in April.

------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting Zip.ca. We certainly appreciate feedback from our members. We received the DVD, Ghost Watcher II today; thank you for returning back to us so promptly. I viewed your account and noticed that you reported that you ZipReturned 24: Season 4 Disc 4 and Cinderella Man today. If 6 business days pass and we do not receive it back in our warehouse, I would ask that you Report a Problem.

To report this problem to our Theft Prevention Unit, you may use our online Report a Problem utility. To do so, please log on to your Zip.ca account and follow these steps:

1. Click on the MY ZIPLIST tab.
    2. At the bottom, right-hand corner of the TITLES I CURRENTLY HAVE OUT section, click on the "Report a Problem" link.
    3. Click on the "Report a Problem" link associated with the title(s) you are reporting missing.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your report.

I believe this answer responds to your inquiry. For additional assistance, please visit our online Member Support Centre at www.zip.ca/help
    , or update this inquiry and one of our Member Service Representatives will be pleased to assist you. Thank you for using Zip.ca!

------------------------------------------------

How did that in any way answer my question? Just the typical kind of support I get from them.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005