Zombeavers (2014)

Discussion in 'General' started by baggio, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented it yesterday, and thougt it was a lot of fun. There's a bunch of "WTF" comedic moments in the film, starting with the very first scene.

I liked the fact that there was minimal CGI used in the film, and the beavers intentionally look "puppet like"

I might just pick up the Blu-ray at Worst Buy this weekend... if they even ever got any copies at this store that is. :eek2:

You sure you don't want some chicken?

2. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

You can check their website to see if it's in stock at any stores near you. I just got home from Best Buy and like Baggio had to walk around for awhile before I found it. Amazing that such a small section in their store can still be so poorly organized. But they did have some good deals. They have a bunch of steelbooks with exclusive artwork that were really tempting. Loved the Spaceballs cover. There was a really nice one for The Fifth Element as well if anyone is a fan. They must have had a couple dozen titles on display.

3. Katatonia

I did check yesterday, but it didn't show it as in stock at any nearby stores. I think if they get in three or less it doesn't even show up for the store online anyway though.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Maybe, you can buy it online from Best Buy if it's not in the stores.

Also I said it already, and Chancetx reiterated that it may not be in the horror section. My store had it on a "new release display". All the way on the bottom, as if to not take up precious space for more popular titles. It was not in the horror section. My odd guess is that they will move it to the Comedy section. Because that's where Zombieland is in at my BB store.

The release date was 5/19/2015. So I doubt that the stores sold out already for such an odd title.

5. Katatonia

I'll check this weekend, but it wouldn't surprise me if this store ever even got any copies. They never even ever got any copies in of the Andromeda Strain Blu-ray exclusive for example. I keep checking this and Commando on the website, and neither shows up as in stock for this store.

You're lucky you still have genre sections at your store. This store got rid of them years ago, and the music and movie sections are far smaller even than Wal-Mart. It seriously wouldn't be much of a loss if the store just closed here.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Wow, they don't even have genre sections? I figured while some BB are bigger than others they all would have some sort of set up standards.

But before you get all jealous, the BB near me Horror area is quite small. It used to be one at one point, one full isle (side) and maybe just a small section continuation for the x,y,z titles. Now it's a area that I would say is about an eight feet section of one side of an isle. The entire movie area, while ever changing, is about 7 isles(both sides). With a few small new release stand alones (whatever you call them) towards the front of the store, near the checkouts. One isle devoted to each genre, TV (dvd/blu), Comedy, Action, etc...

7. Katatonia

Nope, none. They did until a few years ago, but now everything is basically just lumped together. Even the DVD's and Blu-rays aren't really separated on shelves. I guess there's technically a separate section for "TV" releases, but any movies are just all together with no genre sections.

7 isles? :eek1: See that's huge compared to the Best Buy here... it's just 2 aisles now that are only a few feet tall...they used to be twice as tall until a few years ago. Plus there's a couple of slightly taller shelfs for new releases in other places around the store, but those hardly hold many titles. The CD section isn't even a half of one side of an aisle anymore.

I'll go an see if they have Zombeavers or Commando tomorrow, but they're still showing as non-existent at this store when checked via the website.

8. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

The store I was in still had genre sections but they were so sparsely stocked I'm not sure why they bothered. Only the TV series section had full shelves. The so-called horror section could have been condensed to an endcap.

I can't even remember the last time I went to Best Buy before this most recent trip. A year? Two? Used to be a regular stop for me. I will say they had some good deals there. I wish I had waited for the Ghostbusters 1 & 2 set. They had it for $10 - I think I paid full retail (close to $30.) They also had a double feature of Silent Night, Deadly Night and the remake for $10. Bought the single SNDN Blu for $15 before all the reviews came in about the picture quality. Would rather have saved $5 and at least gotten the remake as well.

Katatonia, if you have no luck finding Zombeavers I have a spare copy I got for a friend who ended up not being interested. But keep checking. I think $10 is the regular price and not a new release sale. The shelf tag listed the $9.99 price and the other Best Buy exclusive horror titles I saw were all still that price.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Same here in the Western part of Montreal. No genre sections, everything thrown together haphazardly in quasi-alphabetical order.
    Futureshop Canada just bit the dust bit time, and in my area Best Buy absorbed most of those now defunct stores. Pity really, last time I was at FS the customer service was great, it's non-existent at BB. Employees look like they are offended and you are disturbing them if you ask a simple question, reminds me of Dave Chappelle's Copy Mart sketch many years ago.
    I always dread getting gift cards for BB since they ain't got shit and I usually wind up buying Growing Pains Season 3 just to get rid of them.
    I think BB will be gone from Canada within five years, the expansion of online retail, Wal-Mart and Costco is just too much competition.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Mine still has genre sections, but the horror section is down to one little panel. It's maybe 6 feet across?

Back in the days of Media Blasters, Anchor Bay, early Code Red and Blue Underground, etc, it used to be an entire aisle.

11. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Too true, I was pretty amazed at the selection at one time.
    Got my Night of the Creeps dvd there and many more cool titles.

12. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Well, I'm glad I saw this on netflix....

It was ok, but not great for me. I feel like Black Sheep did it better.

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Anyone else still got that theme song that plays over the end credits stuck in their head?:D
    Here it is, but be warned: It seriously is nothing but spoilers if you haven't seen the film. It even says spoiler alert at one point! So don't watch the fan clip below if you plan to see the movie anytime. Richard Cheese fans should love this :D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tsm1IrJG1s

14. Katatonia

Thanks for the offer chance. I went to BB yesterday, and they did have a spot on a shelf for Zombeavers, but it was empty. I asked, and they thought they were getting more in stock soon, so I'll probably just wait and see.

Commando was completely M.I.A. at this store though. :mad:

15. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Is there anything at all different on this version as opposed to the UK version? extras, PQ/AQ etc. I know the UK version comes with a nice slip:D

Thanks

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The US release has more extras than the UK one. I only have the UK one, but probably won't bother upgrading. The extras are all extremely brief anyway.

Here's a full list of the extras on the US release, and the ones in bold are from the UK release (along with the runtimes).

- Cast & Crew Commentary
    - Behind The Cameos Feat. Stephen Merchant, Bill Burr & John Mayer
    - Behind The Scenes (1:04)
    - Building A Beaver (1:50)
    - Deleted Scene (0:35)
    - Man Becomes Monster (1:00)
    - Auditions (5:50)
    - Storyboards
    - Behind The Scenes Stills
    - "For Your Consideration" Trailer
    - International Trailer
    - US Trailer

Here's a comment regarding the US disc from the blu-ray.com forums, saying the audio is uneven:

Could just be that person's set-up. I don't remember having any issues with the audio on the UK release.

And the UK release does come with a very nice slipcover. I posted some pics of it a few pages back, along with some comments about the disc itself:

17. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Thanks CPT HOOK for the in depth differences, like you I really see no need to double dip here lol, and for the record, I do not remember any kind of audio issues whatsoever on the UK BD at all myself either.

Thanks again:)

18. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Can anyone help me get Commando Metalpack at Best Buy? my Stores do not have it and this is the only way to get it, is by Store pickup, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Zombeavers has been gone from my local store the day after release. Most incredible is when I grabbed mine, there were at least 7-8 copies remaining! The spot on the rack is still there, but is the only empty one this week. They got 50 Shades of Grey steelbooks now (they didn't before) and 15-20 copies of Mad Max from Shout, but no Beavers. Even Commando came back, and one is still sitting there today (but it's dinged bad enough to tell through the shrinkwrap).

20. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

So no one has any of these in their local Best Buy to help out a fellow member lol? I can do some trades if so, looking for the MetalPack Commando and this Zombeavers.

Thanks