Zombi 2 (Shriek Show) DVD Review

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by gorasu, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

You'll notice it if you ever watch the BU disc. There are a bunch of screenshots in the old thread, too.

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I saw the screenshots, but really, I never saw a problem in the film itself. Given that I watched the entire thing and never felt there was a problem, I decided that issues have been overstated. For sure, if I had ever considered getting the BU, that urge was satiated. The SS Zombi is great, I don't feel as though I need a replacement.... well before hi-def :D

Still each to their own.

3. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

I must have incredibly bad luck with Fulci discs.

OK, here's my new problem. I played the disc today and selected the 2.0 Stereo English track. At the 1 hour and 8 minute mark (When the dude and chick are laying on the ground) the audio drops out for a good bit. Playback doesn't seem to be affected at all and the other audio tracks seem fine too.

Is this just me? I know a lot of people raised a huge fuss over the Day of the Dead "glitch" (which had a perfectly good excuse). This though just seems like pure ineptness on SS's part.

4. welb25

welb25 New Member

It's not just you, Golgo. I have the Blue Underground disc but I remember reading at dvdcompare that there are a few dropouts in the English 2.0 track on the SS disc.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  5. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

Gah. I knew I should've picked up the Blue Underground disc instead. I'm not impressed one bit with the image on the SS disc either. It looks like a bad bootleg. :(

I've yet to watch any of the special features but I doubt any of them will be earth-shattering. I really wish BU was the company to get the 2 disc SE.

6. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest