Zombi 3, 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Damed, Jan 28, 2004.

1. legz

legz Member

Is Zombi 5 any good and worth buying? I already have 3 and 4. It is cheaper to buy the box set from Deep Discount DVD than it is to buy 5 by itself

2. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Well put, Mok. Zombi 3 was a blast. I watched it for the first time the other night not expecting anything great and was rewarded with a mindless fun movie that felt like a Haunted House ride at an amusement park. Cheesy? You bet. I'll be checking out After Death and Killing Birds over the weekend. (Great price for the set too.)

3. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Zombie 3 is one of my favorite "So bad it's good" zombie flicks....second only to HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD. Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys it.

4. kyouki

kyouki Guest

Hell of the Living Dead is so enjoyable! I love that one guy that goes around antagonizing the zombies! Also, the stock footage is so ridiculous. I showed this to my buddy who loves zombies and he got such a kick out of it.

Sadly, I ordered Zombie 3, 4, 5 online and the first disc got all scratched up because it came loose in the case during shipping. :( Have to return it, which sucks. I was looking forward to having a little Zombie marathon.

5. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I saw the ZOMBIE 3 trailer on another disc and knew I was going to have to pick it up.
    One of the funniest trailers I've ever seen.

6. Faceman

Faceman Guest

The trailers are awesome, watch them instead of the movies.

Wow, Zombie 4 only took me 2 nights but seriously...after watching from around 30min to the end I fell asleep til now. I finished it at 10pm and it's now 3:38am. That movie KNOCKED ME OUT, I swear it was the movie. There was even a party to go to tonight and my cell phone didn't wake me up. Sooooo bad.

The extras look cool though. Might as well watch them and see if they put me out til morning.

I'm not sure if I should watch part 5. There isn't enough in my bank account to cover a 10 year coma.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

But........ it's like a marathon... only you don't have far to go!

8. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Do the deed... Do the deed... Do the deed... :evil:

I also watched After Death last night. Okay, it wasn't as fun as Zombi 3 but it had its moments. The gore was cool.

Tonight, it's Killing Birds, baby!

9. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Loved #3, Hated #4 and never seen #5, so I just ordered it from DDD. With the coupon and free shipping... under $10! Can't beat that!

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Yep, Zombi 4 wasn't as great as 3, but it was good for the gore and the laughs. I also like the Leper-esque Zombies. Maybe I'll wait a bit to watch 5 because after that it will be over :(

11. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

I watched Killing Birds yesterday and thought it was okay too. Again, some decent gore and the zombies looked pretty cool. Robert Vaughn??

12. I bought this set last week and watched all of the movies over the weekend.

I enjoyed Zombi 3 again, good gore scenes and all. I also thought Zombie 4: After Death was really good (on that cheese level), but what the fuck was with Zombie 5: Killing Birds? I liked the movie cause well I'm just like that but
    the movie is called Killing Birds but they don't even kill anyone til the end and the zombies come out of nowhere, there was no reason for them to be there
    other than those two things...classic cheese.

Oh and about Zombie 4 and Jeff Stryker
    I made myself laugh during his death scene cause I was all "That's not the first time he's had someone's fist inside him"...
    and I was all alone...I need a life.

13. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Good points, Shoes. I've had some time to reflect on Killing Birds, not that I wanted to but there you are. A film not easily forgetable. Pure cheese. Some of my own observations...
    Unless you count the start of the film, where Robert Vaughn's character kills some birds, there really aren't any killing birds to speak of.

It's like the director (Joe D'Amato) took inspiration from Manos: The Hands of Fate. Lots of endless scenes of driving, sitting around the yard, generator maintenance, etc. I was waiting for Torgo's cameo but it was not to be.

It's almost fifty minutes into the movie before we see a zombie. Gotta admit, these zombies looked cool shrouded in cobwebs.

I couldn't wait for these kids to be eaten. Man alive were they annoying.

Drywall won't save you from a zombie attack.

Robert Vaughn's off-screen demise was a bit anti-climatic. No payoff.
    But that's nitpicking, isn't it. Still a fun cheesy movie.

14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Alright, watched Zombi 5. Probably won't ever watch it again :D It actually started off a little more coheasive than Zombi 4 but then got well, just boring after a while. I could see someone falling asleep through this one.

I also recently watch Burial Ground for the first time. Hmmm, that kind of sucked. Well compared to what I was expecting from the +$30.00(CDN) price any way. Luckily I got a bootleg for $8 :) The zombies where cool - more like undead monks or something. Good gore, but not enough. And what's with that little fucker who wants to suck his mother's tits? He was the scariest part of the whole film!

15. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

That's Peter Bark, dude! PETER FREAKING BARK!!

16. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

MaMA!!!

17. Finished all 3 movies PLUS all extra features on the DVD in 2 days. After seeing them all I WILL say:

Loved Zombi 3. Ample amount of gore & violence. Plus the settting helped a bit. The plot was sh*t, but I ain't lookin' to get it nominated for an Oscar 'n' sh*t, so I could give 2 f*cks about that!

Zombi 4 I found slightly inferior to 3, but was good fun nonetheless. The voodoo chick in the beginning reminded me of something outta the Demons movies. Ending was kinda confusing, but, like 3, lots of gore & creepy settings! Something about zombies trying to come into a boarded up house in the fog that gives a movie a +1 from me.

My least fav of the set Zombi 5. After a while I had 1 eye on the movie while I was doing something else...that s**t was boring! And as stated above by IGotNewShoes, where did the zombies come from? No explanation whatsoever.

All in all worth the $12 I paid for the set. The commentary on Zombi 4 was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2005
  18. pacinofan

pacinofan Member

Has anyone seen this set for sale in Canada? Futureshop and CDplus both have it out of stock (of course, its been out of stock since the releae date).

19. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Burial Ground rules, in a MST type of way! i had a lot of fun watching that one.

20. Mok

Mok Family is Forever