Zombi 3, 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Damed, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Swearboy

Swearboy New Member

I was always afraid to pick up these movies after years of reading bad reviews. But I couldn't say no to the new price. It turned out a lot better than I expected and the only one I didn't enjoy was Killing Birds. That is one particularily craptastic movie. The actors are so bad/annoying that I couldn't wait for them all to die. But I had to keep waiting... and waiting. Then when it's finally time for some payoff, the gore wasn't good either. Bah! I don't even think some Lara Wendel nudity could have saved it. Well, that might have at least got me to watch it again.

2. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I think I'm going to avoid that one, though I may give AFTER DEATH another try someday. All this talk of ZOMBIE 3 made me rewatch it over the weekend...really fun movie.

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

If I already had Zombi 3, I wouldn't get the set to have them all. I bought the set, but had never seen them before and only really liked Zombi 3. After Death had it's moments but it's really not that great.

4. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

I saw these 3 movies in a box set for $14.99, and I thought about getting them, so, I don't know. Maybe.

5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I already own Zombie 3 and 4, and I rented Zombie 5 several months ago, so I won't be buying this set. Zombie 5, I think, was the worst of the three.

6. MartinD1

MartinD1 Guest

ZOMBI 3 (Shriek Show) The beginning of the film and many major gore scenes have been re-inserted from a vastly inferior VHS tape because the source material provided to 'Shriek Show' was inadequate. This is totally unacceptable as the Japan version does not have this problem. We wish 'Shriek Show' would know what they were buying before going ahead and releasing sub-par product at the expense of the true fans of these films. For the record, they had a very knowledgeable person (Dolph Chiarino) who knew what was missing from their elements and had the knowledge and sense to make this release complete instead of releasing the cut element. Sadly Dolph grew weary of the practices at 'Shriek Show' and has since left the company.

ZOMBIE 3 (Italian Shock) aka ZOMBIE 3, NIGHTS OF TERROR. At 40 minutes 58 seconds the dvd is missing about 4 seconds of a gore scene with the guy turning completely around and falling back against the shutter. This footage is contained in the Japan release of the film. Submitted by Stevehorror Bennett

ZOMBIE 3 (Shriek Show) aka BURIAL GROUND/ZOMBIE 3, NIGHTS OF TERROR. The 'Shriek Show' version is missing the same footage as stated above.

SOURCE: http://www.midnight1.com/dvd.asp

I read Zombie 4 was so bad... so I'll stay away from this thing.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Oh God, the whole Dolph thing again. Excuse me, I'm falling asleep.....

I'm region free, so could get any version I want. I got the SS because it was cheap and it suited my budget. Once a cheap better version comes out, I'd probably get that.

8. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

I just want to confirm that the version of Zombie 3 included with the Zombie Pack is the "rental" version. There is no commentary track on it.

Unless of course I lost the commentary track lottery on this boxset or something.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Hmmmm, my Zombie 3 disc from the set has the commentary.

10. My Zombi 3 disc in the set has commentary. It's not listed, you have to go to the features menu and it's there.

11. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Mine doesn't have it! :cry:

12. Katatonia

Oh man, Shriek Show screwed something up again??? Eh, well, I can't really say I'm too surprised....what don't they screw up anymore! :eek2:

I'm just glad mine does have the commentary! :evil:

13. bwana the clown

And I was so looking forward to this box superseding my single commentaryless Z3 disc. :(

14. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Z3 in the box set IS uncut though, right? Or is this 4 seconds missing from each release altogether? I ordered the box (should be here Wednesday) and I can live without the commentary, although I would be very pissed off if I went into it wanting to listen to it. I suppose if they actually talked about Fulci's involvement and who shot each scene, it'd be interesting, but I doubt they do that.

15. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Bwana, have you tried cycling through the audio tracks? It doesn't make sense that some discs have it and some don't. (My copy of Zombi 3 in this boxset does have it.)

16. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Old Boo, as far as I know, Zombi 3 in the boxset is uncut. As mentioned in earlier posts, the quality of these inserted cut scenes is sub-par but all the gore's there. What's the four seconds you're talking about?

17. bwana the clown

Yep, all one of them. :(

18. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Supposedly the Zombie 3: Nights of Terror (Burial Ground) dvd is missing 4 seconds, but my old Japanese tape is buried in a closet, so I haven't checked it for myself.

19. Katatonia

This is what most likely happened... Shriek Show simply used up their remaining stock of the old, botched batch of those Zombie 3 discs that were curiously missing the commentary. Some sets will have those, and others will have the updated discs that correctly include the commentary track.

20. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Although I would have liked better gore footage quality, to be quite honest, I'm just glad it's there. Not that I have the discs yet, but from word of mouth.