Zombi 3, 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Damed, Jan 28, 2004.

1. jak

jak Guest

The footage isn't that bad, it's noticeable for sure, but it doesn't really deter the (ahem) "quality" of the film.

At any rate, I don't really remember there being a huge demand for the absolute best picture quality for Zombi 3. ;)

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

This is, of course, an older disc. At the time I got it, the inserted footage never bothered too much, and I too was just glad it's in there. Over time though, I've been hoping that someone will do it right and give us a disc that is consistant throughout.

SS putting out some sets with the commentary, and some without, is total BS.

3. Noto

Noto Guest

I guess I lucked out that mine has the commentary (although the DVD case does not indicate that.)

I agree that it is a complete crock that they are randomly slipping in the wrong discs though.

Is there a way that you can tell by the spine if it is incorrect? My copy is stamped SSD-0220

4. The disc without commentary has the same number on the spine. I've had both copies.

I wanna know if the people who say there is no commentary are going by the packaging or if they actually looked on the extras menu and it doesn't say COMMENTARY on the bottom.

5. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

And there is definitely only one audio track on the DVD.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  6. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

Yep, same here.

7. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Another thing I don't get is why the hell they wouldn't put "commentary" on the special features of the disc? Doesn't that partially negate the purpose of recording a commentary?

Can't wait until mine arrives in the mail (probably Thurs) to see if I got the commentary. I said before it's no big deal to me, but it could be interesting. I mean, how many of the Italian zombie films released had a commentary? None that I have. So now I'm sort of hoping mine has one.

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Actually, the Z3 commentary is quite amusing. Mostly Beatrice Ring and Deran Sarafian goofing on themselves and the movie. I thought Deran was really funny when he started making up bogus lines over the already ridiculous dialogue. :D

9. old-boo-radley

Oh joy, a month too fucking late and my Zombie Pack has finally arrived.

I suppose, on the bright side, my Zombi 3 does have the commentary.

10. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Let me guess... DVDsoon? :D

11. old-boo-radley

Close, Ebay!

But I'm just glad that I got it. I have watched Zombi 3 so far and was less than impressed, I went in expecting more gore. Although there were some gold gore scenes, I just expected more here and there. Odd movie... it's like a Full Moon movie almost the way it looks. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

12. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Finally got around to watching Z4 : After Death tonight, and it's going straight into my top 10 favourite bad films of all time!

Loved the scene where
    the guy sees a zombie (although he doesn't know it's a zombie) and chases it through the jungle and then starts beating it up ..... for absolutely no reason whatsoever :lol:

Not to mention the 'After Death' theme song - which I know I'll be singing to myself for the next few days. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  13. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Frank Stallone must be rolling in his grave.

14. old-boo-radley

I loved Zombie 4! I think it's even better than a bad film, it's well directed, looks good and the fog always flying around is straight out of The Haunted Palace! Well maybe that's a bit too far, but it still looks very good for a gore movie that was made for $100K. The plot is thread thin, but that wasn't what I was looking for anyways. Some scenes were silly and inexplicable, which is also to be expected. I Thought it was a lot better than Zombi 3. I just love that Demons style "let's-drool-for-the-sake-of-goo" thing that After Death also did. :)

Plus, that theme song was fantastic. Gotta find an mp3 of that baby.

15. kyouki

kyouki Guest

Guys, I just finished watching Z5: Killing Birds today, thus completing the set!

Here are my thoughts:

Z3:
    This was so damned enjoyable I don't know where to start. One of those rare bad movies that are actually good... ala Troll 2, Skinned Deep, etc. This wasn't as funny as either of those two, but it was up there. I loved all the zombies hanging around in obscure places waiting JUST IN CASE someone should stumble by. Even hiding in the hay!!!!!

Z4:
    Not quite as enjoyable as Z3, though this did have one awesome theme song. I also loved the part where one character goes, "OMG The book of the dead!" and then they show the cover and seemingly hand written in marker is "THE BOOK OF DEATH." Also, the ending was gory and out of nowhere... it was like they just gave up!

Z5:
    Now I really liked this one. The pacing wasn't great and could have been tightened. Other than that, awesome! I would rank this slightly behind Z3. There are so many classic lines in this. "I'm getting tired of this parking lot!" "There's millions of them!" made in reference to seeing what appears to be a few dozen birds in the sky. "It looks like this hasn't been used in centuries!" in reference to a fricking power generator in the basement!!! And how about the one sentence lecture/scolding imparted by the journalism teacher? And I loved the totally inappropriate soundtrack. There was even a slow motion "Noooooooo" in there.

This is the best value in the world! Don't let anyone tell you these films are not worth $11-14. If they tell you this, punch them in the throat because they obviously have some anti-zombie agenda.

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Excellent post kyouki! Agree wholeheartedly. Good to see so many people discovering these "classics", and sucking the marrow from their joyful bones ;)

17. old-boo-radley

That line in Z5 reminds me of the "zombies are coming by the hundreds!" line in Z4, and there's a whole 30 or so that show up!

But, I forgive these little things. Hell, any movie with a gateway to hell is all right with me.

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I still need to get this Zombie Pack. It's at DDD for $12 so I really have no excuse other than I have no money whatsoever. I really like Zombi 3 and 4 so I need to get it ASAP.