Zombi 3 double-dip?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by zombi3, Sep 9, 2002.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I just read at DVD Maniacs that the upcoming Zombi 3 dvd will probably be missing some extras, including a commentary that's already been recorded. The reason - apparently this disc was banged out quickly so that it would be out in tome for (gasp) Blockbuster to carry it. Now my first reaction was "fuck Blockbuster dry in their candy asses", but I digress. Anyway, there was a hint at a possible SE re-release in the future, with all the extras. My suggestion to SS would be to first release the current version for rental only and put the SE on hold until all materials are completed. (Or, just tell Blockbuster to go to hell). I just can't stand having to buy a movie twice, but I also don't like to hold off and wait for a possible better version that may or may not happen. Bottom line: Blockbuster = trouble! What do you guys think?

2. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

well I already have the film on multiple dvds and the only reason to by the SS dvd will be the extras so I will wait.

3. crank

crank Guest

I concure, just do it right the first time, especially if you already have the extras and its just a matter of putting the hole thing together. Some movies I will eat a couple times because the initial release is either really old and pre-dates lots of extras, or something came up later, or even the company had no idea anyone would give a shit about the movie. But Shriek Show knows that as far as underground eurohorror goes (their specialty) this is going to be one of their biggest discs, so there is no excuse to do it twice.

If they are going to do it twice, and the very least do us the courtesy of what New Line did with LOTR, which is tell us first. They announced both the normal and SE's at the same time, even though the SE won't be out until November. I don't mind that in the least, this way I can make an educated descision as to if I want to wait or not. They are going to make a better disc later, but it isn't a double dip, because they aren't trying to dupe you into buying it twice.

crank

4. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

i dont see why they are rushing to put this out for blockbuster, i mean seriously, how many people are gonna rent this flick?

we are all fans, but the majority isnt

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I didn't think BB even carried movies like this. Anyway, does anyone know if will have that Japanese filmed beginning? I have a copy somebody made for me off the Region 2 release with that opening and if I bought it on DVD, I would like the disc to be more than complete. Alternative beginning, extras, etc.

6. crank

crank Guest

Shriek Show has stated that their version will include the Japanese intro absent on some cuts of the film.

crank

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Can't you just picture this up on their new releases shelf beside all the copies of the sweetest thing and other shitty blockbastard releases? too funny

8. crank

crank Guest

I think alphabetically it would wind up next to Zoolander, but I could be wrong.

crank

9. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I'm not. Those crooks aren't getting a penny out of me! Hopefully Blaster can shed some light on this. I would like to see the dvd done right the first time, even if it takes longer. That's one of the things that separates Shriek Show from, say, Paramount. They take their time and deliver a quality product for a reasonable price instead of cranking out garbage and ripping people off so they can "repackage" the films later.

10. Gnaghi

Gnaghi Guest

from dvdmaniacs forum

"As the OTHER guy who worked on SS's extras for Z3, I do believe that the Blockbuster version WILL include the following interviews that Kit + I shot back in May:

-Bruno Mattei
    -Claudio Fragasso
    -Marina Loi
    -Ottaviano Dell'Acqua + Massimo Vanni

Last week a hilarious, MST3K-esque commentary was completed with the two leads, Beatrice Ring & Deran Sarafian, in San Diego. I must say that I found it quite difficult controling my laughter at many points

Unfortunately, this (as well as the interview + tour of SPFX wizard Franco di Girolamo's studio shot in July) may not appear on the version most of you now have on pre-order as John at SS has toyed with the idea of re-releasing it as an 'Ultimate Edition' in the future (READ: so you'll have to buy the DVD a 2nd time to get the gut-busting commentary).

Unfortunately, Kit & I have no control over how (and when) he uses this footage. We have put in our two-cents as to how much we as fans detest when companies do this.

Granted the release is next month, but wouldn't you prefer to wait an extra couple of weeks to get the fully monty now???"

"money hungry bitches all up in my face"

11. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

Blockbuster doesn't have any other SS DVDs. They don't carry euro horror. Mine had Dagon though. Why Zombie 3, stupid.. At my BB I see alot of moms with their kids.

"Ohhh Mommy, me want movie, oohhh Pokemon."

"Ok Little Billy, I got Shrek, Dr Dolittle, and Cannibal Ferox"

"Yay, goo goo gaa gaa"

Next day at school in science class. The teacher brings in a turtle. "Little Billy, what kind of turtle is this? Billy says "You're into ecology, eh twat?" Then rips its head and legs off.

12. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

LOL!

As for Zombie 3, it does absolutly nothing for me, but I'm glad its being released in some form.

Maybe I'll rent it :D

13. morpho

morpho Guest

What was the thread title on that DVD maniacs quote, I couldn't find it. I'd love to see where that went. Thanks!

14. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

You know I remember a time when Blockbuster used to carry all sorts of unrated tapes, especially horror.

Somewhere in the Mid 90s they bowed to bullshit PC groups and did away with them all.

Max

15. betterdan

betterdan Guest

As much as I hate blockbuster the one by me does have some unrated movies.They had the unrated van wilder and some others. The horror section isn't too bad last time I was there (a while ago). They had TCM, Suspiria, Zombie, Dead Alive etc. But I don't go there but about 3 times a year. My girlfriend keeps going there as she's more into newer crap.

16. Gnaghi

Gnaghi Guest

17. tenebre

tenebre Guest

i boycotted blockbuster and have never gone back.. i only rent from tores that carry unrated material wether i want to rent that type of thing or nto. even if its a disney flick ballbuster isnt gettign a dime from me.

pan and scan supporting fucks!

18. morpho

morpho Guest

Thanks Gnaghi...

19. blaster

blaster Guest

Zombi 3

Hello,

Yes there were those two extras that were not included on the BB disc becuase BB needed it sooner. BB brings in alot of units, I mean lot of units, like more than all the retailers combined...

With that said we only duplicated enough for BB and some initial pre-orders. We will be putting a white sticker on the DVD that says includes commentary of Deran and Beatrice. So that is how you will know the difference. If people do buy the BB edition and want to upgrade simple send your version back and we will send out another one.

This will not happen with After Death since all materials are heer now. So you can all see Jeff Stryker...yeah!!!

-blaster

20. Excellent!

Thank you for the update, best to hear the correct info from the horse's mouth than the many Internet rumours from the horse's arse! :D