Zombi 3

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by crank, Jun 25, 2001.

1. crank

crank Guest

As I'm sure you all remember, Anchor Bay at one time announced that they would be releasing Fulci's Zombi 3 in 2002, then backed out stating that "another company" had the rights, and they would not be able to put it out. Does anybody know who has the rights. I am guessing that if they can one up Anchor Bay, they have to be at least a decent company. (Image or Synapse are my hopes, but we can all dream)

crank

2. Trout

Trout Guest

If it is Synapse, then they won't announce it until it is confirmed as a 100% release. I have a feeling it will be released by a smaller company.

3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

i know :)

i know who CLAIMS to own the rights to the film, but i'm not sure if it's a done deal or not. since i don't want to start any untrue rumors about the release i won't say who it is but i will say it's neither Synapse or Image. i have emailed the company to see if i'm allowed to talk about some of their mouth-watering upcoming titles, i'll post again when i hear back.

4. crank

crank Guest

I want to know

If you really do have any info please post it as soon as you get the OK. I've been absolutly DROOLING with anticipation.

PS. I don't suppose it's Media Blasters with Shock Cinema. Their upcoming release of Demonia has a "Lucio Fulci Collection" banner accross the top, leading one to believe that they have more Fulci releases coming out.

crank

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

I'm betting we'll see a European PAL release before an American one, maybe from Japan Shock, since they've just announced a ton of Eurohorror titles anyway.

6. crank

crank Guest

Not USA editions of Zombi 3

There already are 2 versions of Zombi 3 on DVD. One from that Japanese company that put out the DVD's of both Aenigma, and Murderock. And there is a German "Red Edition". To the best of my knowledge both versions are PAL, region 2, and full screen. I don't know about the Japanese one, but I know that the "Red Edition" series have not been getting good reviews. From what I've read there edition of Dawn Of The Mummy was one of the worst DVD's ever. I'm just going to stick with my VHS boot from Midnight Video until a good Region 1 release comes out.

crank

7. bruce h

ummm, actually...

the Japanese DVD of Zombi 3 is NTSC, Region 2 and Ltbx. it looks nice, and has removable subs, but the only xtra is a trailer.

Media Blasters new company is called Shriek Show, not Shock Cinema.

8. Re: i know :)

This sounds very interesting and it's something to look forward to. Will they all be region free/NTSC DVD's?

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

C'mon man

Bruce, help a fellow Marylander (that's what we're called, right?) out. Just say who's got the rights, c'mon...

10. crank

crank Guest

This thread kind of died without the big revealing moment that we were all waiting for. You never told us WHO claimed to own the rights to Zombi 3, or what their other titles are. I'm changing my bet to Media Blasters / Shriek Show. Since they're putting out Demonia, and have been sucking up film rights lately. Please confirm if you know (make a Fulci nut happy) and I would LOVE to hear somekind of release list, even if it is only tenative at best.

crank

11. Re: C'mon man

I agree! What's the good word?

12. bruce h

Well, looks like the cat has gotten out of the bag...

Shriek Show never got back to me, perhaps I mailed the wrong address. I should have just called - I'm still waiting for my review copy of Demonia!

Anyway, Shriek Show is indeed who told me they'd be releasing Zombi 3, as most of you probably already know from the News page. Sorry if I kept any of you waiting.

And since we're talking rumors, I might as well let you all know that they told me they'd be doing Fulci's Lizard In A Woman's Skin, Sweet House Of Horrors and House Of Clocks as well as Deodato's Jungle Holocaust. Pretty cool line-up, no?

If this ends up on the News page I expect credit, bastards.
    bruce h

13. jak

jak Guest

SWEET!

I can't wait for these discs! Just one question bruce, since House Of Clocks and Sweet House Of Horrors are about an hour each is Shriek Show going to release the two films individualy or together? Or has no word been announced yet? Fulci Lives! jak

14. bruce h

i assume they'll release them as seperate discs - Jess Franco's Killer Barbies runs about an hour and they're putting that out by itself.

15. Best news I heard all day, thanks! Much cooler to have read about it here than alt.horror where everybody just talks shit all day and causes fights with everybody.

16. One question...

ok, Who knows what the quality factor of Shriek Show is? I saw the DEMONIA vhs and was not impressed with the grain and speckles throughout (besides the fact that it was lousy vhs) I have Media Blasters version of BIO-ZOMBIE and it looks decent/good, but not great. Just wondering if I could get some feedback since that's my only experince with them...:)

17. jak

jak Guest

eh

Not to sound weird or anything but I keep telling the webmaster of the shocking images Lucio Fulci site and he keeps telling me that shriek show is not releaseing Fulci's Zombi 3 but Bianchi's Nights Of Terror aka Zombie 3. I have nothing against the guy but I just want this piece of news on the news page. Just to make shure, Shriek Show is releasing Fulci/Mattei's Zombi 3. Not zombie 3(burial Ground), not zombie 4, not zombie 5, not zombie 6 ,not zombie 90 just zombi 3 :rolleyes: because I am trying to tell this guy that Shriek show is releasing Fulci/Mattei's Zombi 3 . Just to make shure ;) . jak

18. crank

crank Guest

Demonia

I have the DVD of Demonia, and the quality is somewhat quoestionable. I have a feeling alot of that has to do with the source material (Demonia was never really officially released). The menu's and extras on the disc are a little lacking as well. My feeling is pretty much that it would be better if either Anchor Bay, or Image or someone else were releasing these titles it would probably be better. but I'll take what I can get.

crank

19. bruce h

uh... wrong

Demonia was released on video in Japan by Nikkatsu Video. I know because I own the tape. I'll compare the two once I get the DVD.

20. bruce h

jak - a few things to keep in mind:

- it is quite possible that the Shriek Show Zombi 3 will be Burial Ground. it was a few months back when i talked to the guy from Shriek Show and he could have been confused. we usually know a good bit more about the films than the companies that put them out.

- Mark Jason Murray (the guy who runs Shocking Images) is a knowledgable guy and has a good relationship with Media Blasters. if they told him it's Burial Ground it probably is.