Zombi 3

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by crank, Jun 25, 2001.

1. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Skinny I hope you are not offended. I know I was though. The reason for sticking to this site for so long is that everything is kept to the right level. If I wanted to start a fight with someone I'd jump to a different forum (there are so many these days). So, when I felt that things were getting out of hand I felt the urge to write what I did.
    Again, I hope you are not offended, but if you did it's not my problem.

2. The Chaostar

And Boyd, why anyone should "get a life" just because he likes a film you don't? Please explain this to me 'cause I don't get it.

Oh, and I think that metal is more than big in the US with all these bands like KORN and TOOL....

3. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Choaster
    The reason people need to get a life if they like "Manhattan Baby" (or any other film with such a lack of anything going for it) is that the people in this forum need to start being more critical of what they watch... It sounds like an advert created by the releasing companies most of the time... Just because a film falls into the horror catagory you would swear it was worth watching if you read this page every day... It really does sound like half the people are distributor employees...
    Most horror movies are shit... Just like any other form of movie... Some of the shit ones are really entertaining... But most are a waste of 90 minutes of your life
    As for metal... It really isn't worth talking about... Some New Metal is quite good, but most of it sounds like it was created 30 years ago... It could be your fathers playing it... SAD

4. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Oh yeah... Love and Peace... And Vive L'Anarchie :)

5. The Chaostar

No one forces you...

6. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Choaster
    No one forces me to do anything... I come here to get fairly up to date info... Sometimes I see things I agree with or have answers to which I provide... Sometimes I see things that I disagree with and I comment... It's called free speach... Now I know that America has a retard as President at the moment, but sofar the idiot has not managed to gag everybody... However, there is a chance he will try... So keep your eyes open.

Love and Anarchy... And respect for those hurt in Genoa

:)

7. The Chaostar

After that comment I take everything back!

BUT... it's ChaostAr!

8. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Sorry Chaostar ;)

9. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

Horror, right?

The way I figure, most of the people here are horror fans, so why would you expect a ton of criticism? I mean, plenty of folks here admit their favorite movies are flawed, but no matter how flawed your favorite movie, you're more likely to talk about what you like about it than what you don't, right?

I mean, I like 80s slashers. Honestly, they're lousy movies. But I'm going to spend my time talking about the (few) scary moments, the (sometimes) good effects and the (often) gratuitous sex and violence, and not about how none of actors can act or none of the directors can direct - I like the movie.

I don't think that means people here think all horror films rank among the greats of all time. But just because Biozombie ain't Citizen Kane doesn't make it a film not worth appreciating.

My $.02.

10. I enjoy Boyd's comments. I think the part really that's really gonna be cool is when he makes a list of some of his recent original thoughts, to put us to shame and show that he wasn't just full of hot air... Ten original thoughts. Or five... or three. Whatever. All posts should have original thoughts, I say. I'm ready for B to bring it on. And everyone else can feel free to jump in with as many as they can think of, too. This'll be the Zombi 3/ original thoughts thread. Ha cha cha. I'm excited. :D

11. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Original thought No 1

I don't think I can manage 10 at once so there will be 1 a day Werner

Youth culture used to be based on music, but ended with dance in the nineties... The latest youth craze has moved away from it's music base and has taken the form of direct confrontation... The new youth cult can be seen regularly on the news... It has been forced into existance by the ever increasing controls and destruction caused by world integrated business... When ever you see a G4 summit you will have live coverage of the latest party.

Your views on thought 1,Werner?

12. Well, gee. "Youth culture" (and even moreso "youth cult") is kind of a funny concept, which I would sort of imagine springs more from the insecurities of alienated older generations than from any genuine phenomenon. I mean, to imply that any age group forms its own cohesive culture just by virtue of a more recent birthday seems just wrong to me.
    And far be it from me to speak for the youth of today, but I think isolation and a sense of disbelonging to any culture of peers or otherwise and a lack of any kind of satisfying confrontation is the reigning trait of "today's youth" (the supposed impersonal divisions created by new technologies, and all that bubble gum). And what backlash there has been against that seems to have been the music scene. Heck; I thought the latest youth craze was foam room glow shows (or Blues Clues, depending on just how young you're talkin'). The last thing young adults seem to be doing is moving away from music and dancing...
    Hasn't the dual obligation of creating the latest dance craze and rebelling against antiquated social norms always fallen to the youth? But maybe the fact that two things so unrelated are always credited to the same group just goes to show how inadequate it is to categorize cultures by generations. Angry, poor kids challenge conventions while upper class kids try to score something to smoke from 'em... Is anything changed? ...Not that music and confrontation are mutually exclusive, anyway...
    ...This is feeling rather scattershot (on my part); I'm afraid I don't really see your point. But if you're saying that young adults have moved on from an obsession with dance music to politics, I don't agree. The youth culture, being the disparate nonentity that it is, has always been big on both and still is.

"Racism spans from here to the dance floor." - movie