Zombie 2 delay info

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Jimbo, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

My proof was sent to SS as well as e-mailed about a week after that original post. I never heard back so it is up to SS at this point.

As far as proof for the other releases, e-mail me what you'd like to check on or post here as I don't have time to waste putting together information that would simply go over your head. I could give you the abridged version though if you'd like.

The distortion in many of their audio tracks isn't acceptable as well as the improper balancing. If you like them, great, glad to hear it.

2. How about sharing it with the rest of us?

You have no idea what's in my head or what might go over it (or anything else about me, for that matter), so spare me the elitist posturing. If you plan on backing up your statements with proof, just do it. If you want to impress someone with how special you are, save it for someone who cares.

DJ

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

With this being such a big release for SS, you'd think they would spend the extra $$$ and time to add better audio variations to the already availiable original audio track. That way it would give everyone what they want. I mean it's gonna be a 2 DVD set right? Well then there should be plenty room there for these audio tracks.

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

While we're at it, why don't we demand that SS hire Necrophagia to rescore Zombie 2?

Where I come from, we call that sarcasm. ;)

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Hey dude don't joke about that...it might just happen AND many people may hate the release that much more for it. :rolleyes:

Not me though...heehee! :lol: ;)

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The issue of the original soundtrack is an excellent one. I think Damin has proven his point. People want original everything - except it seems, sound.

I own too few SS discs, but I've liked every one I have. They do as good a job as can be expected. I have a ton of respect for them. Zombie in 5.1 is actually quite funny if you think about it.

7. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Funny? Why? Like watching Beta tapes on a B&W TV? Did you actually listen to the disc in question?

"They do as good a job as can be expected?" How? They release films not in OAR on several occasions, miss street dates frequently (so much so that they stopped announcing releases alltogether), and release subpar Audio tracks (VIAWP is bad, real bad), if this is as good as can be expected then you need to re-evaluate your expectations.

JH was a great release, so was BTD, and quite a few others but quality has suffered immensely since and issues with Video/Audio/OAR and more have become the norm with SS. I really hope they turn things around as they still have an impressive slate of releases lined up but I'm not getting my hopes up, especially if they release ALIAW in 1.85 instead of 2.35:1.

8. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

What the hell? It's the second time I sell a copy of AB's Zombie in await for a better edition and now they're delaying it till next year? Give me a break, please.

9. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I did the same thing. :(

10. mgfred

mgfred Guest

On Halloween I went to the Crest Theater and saw the Media Blasters version of Zombie on the big screen. I talked for a minute with the projectionist and on the print they had it was indeed only a mono soundtrack.

Sad thing was that it was being shown as part of a "Trash Film Orgy". The crowd there gave Zombie the respect that "Plan 9 From Outer Space" normally gets. They were blowing horns, cat calls, generally making listening to the film nearly impossible.

I got my money back after a half hour.

The print looked pretty clean and sharp. It was a shame it was not being shown to a audience that would appreciate it!

11. Of course, since you refuse to share this mysterious definitive proof with us that it's a 2.35:1, most people should be fairly pleased with the eventual release...

DJ

12. dwatts

dwatts New Member

If there is proof - then someone should post it. Has anyone SEEN this in 2.35:1? I'm buying it as soon as it comes out regardless. But there is so much talk about SS being wrong - with no supporting evidence. Saying so don't make it so.

13. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I own few SS titles (Burial Ground & Jungle Holocaust) but I felt that they did a good job with them. Of course ALOAWS IS a scope film (many foreign posters have CINEMASCOPE written all over them and it IS a good proof) and they better release it that way, but till now I had no problem with them.
    And of course I prefer the mono soundtrack when it is the ORIGINAL one! Why listen to a 5.1 soundtrack of a mono film? It is a bit absurd. I mean, they just do it because it's cool to use all this technology available? Well, then why don't frame full screen films to anamorphic 2.35:1? Oh yeah, that would be cool.
    :rolleyes:

14. In ad-mats, the film was advertised as being in "Panoramica," which was used to indicate 1.85:1 films. Plus, the French home video release (Le Venin de la Peur) was ~1.85:1 and people have reported seeing revival screenings of the film at 1.85:1. I've never seen a comment from single person who has actually seen the film at 2.35:1 on home video or film.

Am I the only who finds it absurd to literally demand that Shriek Show release a film in a certain way based on no proof whatsoever?

DJ

15. The Chaostar

Before asking retorical questions in a such laughable manner you should have tried to read my comments more carefully. The "They better release is that way" is a demand for CORRECT ASPECT RATIO, not for a widescreen ratio because I happen to be a widescreen freak, which I am not.

I strongly doubt that 1.85 is the correct ratio of the film. IF -by any chance- it is, then "they better release it that way".

Now chill out.

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I think the point here is, just about all the comments I have read from people demanding SS do it right, have been calls for a 2.35:1 ratio. Very few people seem to believe 1.85:1 is correct, but no-one has proof otherwise.

Anyhow, just get it out so I can buy it, I say :)

17. The Chaostar

Dwatts.
    Always the voice of logic.
    :)

18. That's not the way your sentence breaks down syntacticly. You wrote: "Of course ALOAWS IS a scope film (many foreign posters have CINEMASCOPE written all over them and it IS a good proof) and they better release it that way, but till now I had no problem with them." When a sentence contains a paranthetical, the words in the parenthesis can be removed and the sentence should remain as a whole. Without the parenthetical, you wrote: "Of course ALOAWS IS a scope film and they better release it that way, but till now I had no problem with them." The sentence now has two clauses, the second clause beginning with "but." Each clause should be a complete expression. The first clause of your sentence was: "Of course ALOAWS IS a scope film and they better release it that way."

If you intended to demand a "correct" AR as opposed to "scope," you sure did a poor job of constructing your sentence. It is impossible to read your sentence as anything but a demand for A Lizard In A Woman's Skin in scope.

DJ

19. The Chaostar

Thank you for using so many greek words - makes it more easier for me to understand the syntactical errors of my writtings. I am sorry, I am used to talk to anyone like they knew me for years, and had you knew me a bit better you'd know that all I want is OAR. BUTTTT I have better proof than you that Lizard is a scope film. And I want it released that way because I believe that it is THE CORRECT ASPECT RATIO OF THE BLOODY MOVIE.

Furthermore, I believe that Lizard has to be a 2perf scope film - a very popular at that time - and highly economical - method of "fake" Cinemascope, but of course I cannot prove that.

And again... IF by ANY chance it is not, then it shouldn't be released as such. But I am sure it is unless someone RUBS THE FUCKIN' 1.85 FRAMED NEGATIVE ON MY FACE.

Now chill out - and this time I'm talking to myself.

20. The Chaostar

Ok, ok, maybe I'm in a bad mood these days...