Zombie 2 dvd release date

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DeathDealer, May 18, 2004.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Yeah, I've also seen that SS's version is 90 minutes and BU's is 92 minutes but both are uncut. So my guess is that SS is just giving out false info on its release or they actually think that their 90 minute version is uncut. I'll keep an observant eye on this one.

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I heard somewhere on another message board that the transfer for both releases were done by BU. Maybe BU pulled a fast one and cut out something for the SS release without SS knowing about it.:D

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Heh, that would suck.

I thought SS had their set ready for release before all the SS / BU legal stuff? And that was why the original release date for SS's set was postponed? If this is the case, then SS would have already had a transfer done. I wonder if SS scraped their own transfer for BU's version?

Or is BU's version just SS's? This is probably the case cuz it was super fast that BU got their version of this title done so fast.

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

The details on the SS site are almost always wrong. I wouldn't go by that. Besides, EVERYONE knows that Zombie is 2.35. I seriously doubt anyone would release a 1.85 print of this one.

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I just wondered:
    IF SS releases the film in 1.85 WITH all the extras an BU in 2.35 without,they both would sell their discs.You'd need to buy the BU for the movie and the SS for the extras (if you wanted them ofcourse).So in fact you'd have a 3 disc set of the movie ;)
    THAT would really suck!

6. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

By the way I read that the Japan Shock version (that I have) of Zombie is in fact 2.39.1 (letterboxed).So I guess that would be the correct OAR??

7. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Japan Shock's NEW YORK RIPPER, though non anamorphic looks MUCH better when zoomed in that Anchor Bay's anamorphic DVD. That's due to increased PAL definition, I've been told.

I have to take back some of my harsh comments for BU though.
    I have just discovered that their release of DJANGO offers italian audio + english subs. So there are still hopes for them. :)

8. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

Has the 1.85 ratio from SS been confirmed at all? That might be a deal breaker, as I am not known to triple-dip. (See, I already have the AB disc but we all know how GREAT that one looks :rolleyes:, and I'd be pissed if I have to buy both the SS and BU DVD's just to get the best of everything.)

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I can't believe how impatient some people are. Just wait for a few reviews to pop up on the net, or wait a week after it has been released. Let other people find out for you ;).

10. Dari Argent

Dari Argent Guest

I am shure this is just false information. Shriek will release the movie in its correct aspect ratio, they canĀ“t be stupid enough to bring it in 1.85:1.

11. funny you say that, since i can't find any really good reviews of both SS's eaten alive and bronx warriors...

12. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Have you checked DVD Basen? Just do a search on the movie you're looking for and it'll bring up links to reviews.

13. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

I agree. It's just a FULCI movie anyways, not like it's FREAKS or GOODFELLAS...:D

14. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Mondo-Digital has a good review of EATEN ALIVE here and there have been plenty of discussions for both discs on various forums. For what it's worth, the BRONX WARRIORS disc looked fantastic and had an excellent 40+ minute interview with Fred Williamson.

15. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

Nope. Sorry. That'd be way too long of a wait for me. :p

Call me crazy, but isn't the ratio one of the few bits of info you can count on getting well in advance of ever seeing a review? To wit: the upcoming Dawn set. No reviews of the set yet, but we know all the vitals (ratios, extras, audio options, etc.).

Besides, it's not like I was saying "GIMME THE DAMN RATIO!!!" I merely asked if 1.85 was confirmed. Is it that unreasonable of a question? :D

16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha that's true, I just think it's funny all of these people worrying when a little patience will give them all the answers they need. It's cool though, no offense meant or anything.