Zombie 3 2.0 (the SS disc w/ commentary)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Werner Von Wallenrod, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Is it out yet, anyplace? When's it coming? Will any online stores mention they've got a new version or something? Blaster, or anyone who knows - what's the deal here? I am frightened and lost and confused and I need a lolli. :cry:

2. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I remember hearing a while back the updated edition was coming right about now (mid-late November.) I've held off buying Zombi 3 until now, when I start looking for the sticker on the front that says it contains the commentary and the extra interview.

Is it coming now, blaster?

3. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

yea im wondering this myself

blaster, could you also post the info on what we do to get the replacement disc and where we send our stuff?

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Do any of you know if we will be able to order the new version online.

5. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I just got Zombie 3 (bare-bones) and watched it for the first time ever! I almost died laughing near the end of the movie when the guy threw (lob it over his shoulder) the grenade and it blew up an entire building! I must watch that scene 10 times - The overhead shot is soooo over the top, I was crying from laughter.

I learned that not every man can climb his way into a helicoper.

I need to hear the commentary - this piece of shit needs to be explained!

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I was so glad to hear about the special edition. I have an incredible svcd rip off the Japanese dvd, and I will definitely get the SE when it comes out. This is just a fun movie, that's all there is to it.

7. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

Zombi 3

I am disturbed by the silence on this matter. It is now January, and there is still no sign of the upgrade disk. At this point, I doubt that one is coming.

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I read on another board that Zombi 3 is complete and has begun shipping and that Shriek Show will soon update their site with info on replacing the old disc.

9. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I hope so. I am interested in the commentary. I will keep my eyes peeled.

10. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Gotta dig that flying severed Zombie head!!!

Nick

11. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Here's a post from Kit Gavin that I came across:

"I am sure everyone here will be delighted to hear that at long last Zombie 3 (Fulci) with ALL the extras is now available. Also Media Blasters will be prepared to replace all those who purchased in eagerness the sisc with only 5 interviews as extras and want to replace it with the newer, even more extra filled edition.

For everyones info the new version will contain:-

Art Gallery
    Trailer
    Interviews with
    Ottaviano Dell'Acqua (yeah, yeah, they spelt it wrong in the original release - but I had nothing to do with that) - I just interview - when the interviewees don't speak good enough "inglese"
    Massimo Vanni
    Marina Loi
    Bruno Mattei
    Claudio Fragasso
    Franco Di Girolamo (plus a tour round his [extremely hot] studio under Rome's streets.

together with an introduction and commentary by Deran Serafian and Beatrice ring (who looks so, so cute these days).

Hopefully it will be worth the wait. An address for sending earlier "Blockbuster" editions - will be given on Media Blasters website in the coming week. Also the newer version will and should be readily available. I assume that the DVD will be significantly labeled to differentiate - but I don't know..."

Last edited: Jan 6, 2003
  12. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

thanks for the info zombi, gotta keep my eyes open for that this coming week then

13. :banana:
    This is what I wanted to hear...
    Of course, it all equals zip until I have actually seen it and acquired it, but I'll be lookin' for it everywhere this week.

BTW, this character------> :banana: is the bestest.

14. victor

victor Guest

rock on! i've never seen this movie, but it looks like a surefire purchase now! thanks, shriek show. hope to see it soon....

15. They can tack on all the bonus stuff they want, this movie will still be weak! Don't get me wrong, I love Italian horror and gore, but this movie is just not worth all the effort. Just my opinion though.

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I just checked Best Buy and Borders. Nothing yet. There's a Fangoria convention this weekend in Brooklyn. I'll see if they have it there.

By the way, what's up with Best Buy? They don't have shit lately.

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Are they really going to take the old discs as trade? I posted in another thread about the Blockbuster Pre-viewed 30% off sale. They have copies of it for $10. I'd buy it just to use as the trade-in.

18. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Can't find it anywhere!

I checked Borders, Saturday Matinee, 2 Best Buys, and I looked on line. Nothing. Media Blasters didn't even have a table at the Fango convention (which sucked the big one this year!). I can't believe how much trouble it is to get this friggin' disc! God damn Blockbuster!:fuck:

19. Yep. False hope. No version 2 yet. :bs:

20. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

Well, I still see no sign of the updated version of Zombi 3. Media Blasters really blew it with this one. They should never have released the disk if it was not ready.