Zombie 3 2.0 (the SS disc w/ commentary)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Werner Von Wallenrod, Nov 17, 2002.

1. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

This has still not appeared in any stores near me. I have noticed in the past that stores do not seem to take replacement releases seriously. This same problem occured with Anchor Bay's replacement disks for Opera.

2. Just got an e-mail from Diabolik. It's in their catalog and on their site. :cool:

3. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Thanks for the heads up, Werner. I just ordered it from Diabolik. Hopefully now I'll be able to put this whole ordeal behind me.:D So how's their service anyway?

4. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I am curious to know if anyone has actually spotted the new version in any store yet. It would be interesting to see which stores take this replacement issue seriously. I have not found one carrying the new version as of yet. One wonders if this will be the case with Back To The Future.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'd doubt many bricks and mortar vendors will take ANY recall thats seriously. If there is a fault on the disc that maks it unplayable 100% of the time - yes. But a missing commentary? Nah. it costs oney to send them back - what's the gain? People will buy the old discs (we're a minority here). Let's face it - the market for such a disc is quite small in the first place. Some will have bought the first disc. Why bother then, with such a small market, grabbing a newer version?

Trust me - as a horror fan - I understand why we'd want it. But commercially, it just does not make sense to comply.

6. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Got my copy of Z3 2.0 in the mail today from Diabolik. Damn, they're quick!:glasses:

7. marcx

marcx New Member

cool little anectode--i picked up zombie 3 recently and today, since i work right near media blasters, i popped in and they swapped the disc for me! Instant service!

8. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I despise you for that.

9. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

hahahaa, yea really!! :D

has anyone sent theirs in to SS and gotten it back yet?

10. That's why I didn't mess with that swappin' stuff, and waited for Diabolik to get v2.

11. marcx

marcx New Member

JEALOUSY WILL GET YOU NOWHERE!~!!

12. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

You are right. I shall have to take action.

13. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

Does anyone know if SS is still doing this trade in deal? I called MB and its there fax number and there web site wont work for me.

Thanks
    Sean

14. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Boy, reading all these EPKJ comments brought tears to my eyes.... Thanx Horrorphilly...