Zombie 3 on eBay - Why so much?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by nlogax, Oct 12, 2002.

1. nlogax

nlogax Guest

2. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Put rare or OOP on an Ebay item, and you'll make a fortune. It amazes me sometimes. I think it's just computer illiteracy. Some people don't really understand the web; they just hear Ebay and Amazon, but they don't know where to search for bargains. Aside from that, they probably live in areas where they can't find the stuff in the store, so they think that this is the only way to get it. It does amaze me. You can find some real bargains on Ebay, but sometimes, when I am bidding, it infuriates me when somebody starts getting an item up in the range where it's more expensive than the store. Then, it's not worth my time, and they just seem like an idiot, but like I said, it's just computer illiteracy or lack of web savy.

3. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

man that is stupid. its not even sealed! :lol: peoples stupidity never stops amazing me.

4. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

The "rare" and "OOP" tags on E-Bay for the most part are downright misleading and an obvious attempt to try to make an item look more attractive and up the bidding. To me, it is simply false advertising and a lie and I can't tell you how many times I have "caught" folks using those tags and e-mailed them to confront them on it. Yes, some things are "rare" and "OOP" but many are not and can be found in a large amount of online retailers, usually for a lot cheaper. Those who put the items up for bid that way are hoping to prey on the "uninformed" but now with DVD so popular and more folks becoming knowlegeable about availability, aspect ratios, uncut prints, etc..., this dishonest practice will have more stumbling blocks in the future. It's funny, but when you "call" somebody on one of their "rare" or "OOP" items that you know are readily available elsewhere, you get the same responses. "Oh, I didn't know that" or "I heard or assumed it was out of print" or "OK, thanks, I'll check it out". What I do sometimes, when I know something is not "rare" or "OOP" is go to the E-Bay message boards and give the folks a heads up about it. Hopefully someone who may be interested in bidding, will read it. No, I'm not the great truth crusader or anything like that, I just think it is unfair to do something like that when the seller knows it's misleading. I don't think it's right to "prey" on someone just because they might not have all the info. You also have to be careful of VHS dubs or DVD-R's being passed off as legitimate VHS or DVD releases. :)

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Ebay used to be good about their bootleg policy, but now they let anything fly. Check out their vcds. Half or more are just homemade stuff. When I see some of the prices, I am tempted to put my stuff up there, since I do a lot of homemade vcds, from TV shows, but my honesty gets the best of me. I didn't know there was an Ebay message board, because I'm with you, dvdasia, I would love to knock these people on the head and inform them. DON'T BUY THIS ITEM!! IT IS NOT OOP OR RARE!!! I have thought of this so many times.

6. nlogax

nlogax Guest

these uneducated eBayers ruin it for all us bargain hunters!

7. harbor

harbor Guest

It's a shame. The auction ended for 33.00 and somebody got suckered. I should email him and tell him that I picked up mine yesterday for 16.99 @ Suncoast.

Damn fools. A quick search on Google will point you in the right direction.