Zombie 3 SE...

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by zombi3, Sep 24, 2002.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Any release date on the Z3 SE yet (with the commentary)? It looks like on-line retailers are now shipping the "Blockbuster" edtion.

Thanks.

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I heard this is actually a shitty flick since Fulci didnt even helm most of this since he's dead.

3. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

id like to know when the full extra versoin is streeting too

4. crank

crank Guest

I picked up the "Blockbuster" version last night at Frys Electronics (Along with House of Clocks and Fiancee of Dracula). I must say, the disc rules. The picture quality is fantastic (opening sequence not counting of course) and the interviews with Fragrasso and Maetti are very cool.

I've heard that once the SE is ready you can trade yours in for it if you got a BB version. Probably just send your disc in or something. I guess we'll all hear more later.

crank

5. Joni Backman

Joni Backman New Member

Zombie 3 came around 1988 when Fulci was alive and ..... not so well.

It was directed mainly by Bruno (Hell of the Living Dead) Mattei.

Shitty little film, but at least it's way above Mattei's own zombie flick.

Nice to know it comes with good picture quality, because UK dvd (which is titled "Zombie Flesh Eaters 2") was terrible to look at.

6. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Zombi 3

I broke down & rented the BB edition. (shiver) I enjoyed this cheeseball zombie flick, but it's not up there with Mattei's masterpiece of ineptitude, Hell of the Living Dead.:D There's still some great fun to be had.
    Oh, and the scene from chapter 6 cracked me up. The dialog was obviously "inspired" by a certain '84 zombie classic.:D

7. i have both hell of the living dead and zombie flesh eaters 2 on vhs and i love em both, there so lame and cheesy that there actually good.

8. tenebre

tenebre Guest

i love this movie..

i have the Euroe version.. but my print is really good.

9. crank

crank Guest

If anybody has even a passing interest in this film, pick up the SS disc when the good version comes out. I have the BB version, and it is great. The film has never looked NEAR as good as this disc does, and the interviews (especially with Maetti and Fragrasso) are very fun and informative.

Don't know if its true, but word is SS is going to let people send in their BB versions if you got one and they'll trade up for the SE with the commentary (which I'm sure will rule as well). Great eurosleaze finally in America, right where it belongs.

crank

10. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Yeah, that's what Blaster said, but I cancelled my order for the BB version anyway. I'm just gonna hold out for the SE. I heard the commentary is hysterical. I hope it comes out soon.

11. crank

crank Guest

If I had been thinking a little more clearly I would have done that as well. I don't like the idea of making a smaller company like Shriek Show fork out extra bucks to send me multiple copies of the same movie. But on the flip side of that, I really want to hear that commentary.

crank

12. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

ehhh i broke down and bought this today

ill just send mine in to get the replacement disc

as for the movie, it reminded me ALOT of Hell of the Living Dead!

13. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Check this out - from Fangoria.com:

"Media Blasters is working on updated DVDs of two of their recent Eurohorror releases. ZOMBI 3 will have an additional audio commentary track with stars Beatrice Ring and Deran Sarafian (the latter better known as a director, with credits ranging from ALIEN PREDATORS to TERMINAL VELOCITY), plus a new interview with makeup FX artist Franco Di Girolamo. TWO VAMPIRE ORPHANS will be reissued with a new PAL conversion that will eliminate the “ghosting” that plagued the first release; extras will remain the same. In both cases, consumers will be able to exchange previously purchased editions of these discs for the new ones. Both upgraded titles should be out by the end of this year."

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have just been reading about this one in "Eaten Alive". They reckon Fulci shot 60 minutes worth of footage. There does not seem to be a consensus who finished it off. Anyway, everyone involved in making it said they hated it --LOL--

15. Lindane

Lindane Guest

How can I tell If I have the BB version or the "good one". Damnit man, this allways happens.

16. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Good one has a commentary ;)

17. hydro

hydro Guest

The image quality of Shriek Show's Zombi 3 is highly questionable. All the gore scenes are taken from a different and inferior source material. There is also quite a bit of colour bleed on some scenes too.

One scene in particular that stands out is where the guy cuts off his own hand in the hotel. The aspect ratio changes slightly and the quality suddenly drops to that of VHS. Disappointing.

18. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Weak! :confused:

19. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Damn sounds like the image looks like crap , good thing i waited. Not happy:fire:

20. hydro

hydro Guest

Zombi 3

I understand there will be another version released at the end of November with a commentary and additional interviews. I don't think they'll be updating the image quality though!!! Poor Show Shriek Show...