Zombie 3 thoughts and questions

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by marcx, Mar 4, 2003.

1. marcx

marcx New Member

Well after picking up the 2.0 disc I watched this last night. I had seen it once a long time a go on a bad vhs. I must say it was more fun than I remebered. While still not what Id call a good movie-it does provide some fun and the occasional cool scene.

After the movie I watched sopme of the Bruno Mattei interview and the one by the writer/producer whos name escapes me at the moment. Mattei mentions that he shot all the footage with the men in white, and they both mention that they didnt have the original actors for their additional footage. If this is the case, (spolier here_ ) than how do the men in white shoot down one of the main characters at the end?

Also, the both talk about the cut Fulci submitted before they decided the fil needed work/additional footage. Does anyone know if the Fulci cut exists at all? I would love to see that.

I think part of the interest in the movie was imagining what was Fulci's and what wasn't....

2. marcx

marcx New Member

anyone?

3. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i havent seen this yet, but i do have it in my collection. damn i have so many unopened dvds.

4. Either the main character they shot at the end was one of the two actors who hung around, or he was an added character, too. I just watched this DVD and I already forget which. :rolleyes:

5. John

John Guest

If memory serves, they did still have some of the original cast members. Ottaviano Dell’Acqua & Massimo Vanni were just a couple who worked with both directors. I aven't watched this in a couple of months, but I'll have to go back and do some research. I remember the section of the interview where Mattei talks about the differences in the film, so I need to check up to make sure.

6. The main actors are indeed the plank twins Deran Sarafian and Beatrice Ring. If you watch the Bruno Mattei interview again marcx try reading the subtitles, as he explains he was still able to shoot with Ottaviano Dell'Acqua and Massimo Vanni. I believe that Sarafian and Ring quit the shoot when Fulci delivered his final cut ... this was mentioned by Claudio Fragasso in an old issue of The Dark Side. My only fault with this film is the extended fight sequence Dell'Acqua has with the zombies near the films climax. With that small exception the film is great entertainment.

7. marcx

marcx New Member

thanks derrick--i must have misread it.