Zombie 90

Discussion in 'General' started by EVIL-SINNER, Sep 27, 2001.

1. EVIL-SINNER

EVIL-SINNER Guest

just wanted to know if anyone has seen this and if you have, is it any good?

2. Yes, it's good

I think you mean Night of the living dead 1990, which is a remake of the original Night of the living dead. It's very good and one of the few remakes who is not only comparable but beats it in certain ways. I stronlgy recommend picking up the DVD of this, because you can't go wrong with the movie and the DVD is also pretty good.

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I think he means Zombie 90, which is a German Horror film. If you do mean this film, well, how shall I put it, it is interesting. Not bad, not great. I'd suggest seeing it, if you can find it.

I knew those German classes would pay off.

4. K'

K' Guest

The F/X are are ok, the rest of the "movie" is terrible. It is realeased on RC0 pal dvd from Astro here in germany.

Cover:
    [​IMG]

Specs:
    Deutschland 1990
    Regie: Andreas Schnaas
    Cast: Matthias Kerl, Christian Biallas, Ralf Hess, Mathias Abes
    Aspect Ratio: 1,33:1 (4:3)
    Sound: Dolby Digital (German, Englisch)
    Extras: Outtakes / Cinema-Premiere / Slide-Show / Violent Shit
    Running Time: 84 Min

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2001
  5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Zombie 90 rocks! I love SOV horror, Zombie 90 seems like one of those spur of the moment efforts (Andreas Schnaas seems to have a corner on the market, Violent Shit I, etc.) filled with gore and the best english dub soundtrack ever recorded (hilarious, even). I like Schnaas's work because of the complete disregard for production values, just gore, his films are very gritty and nasty, very much like a Mortician (death metal band, for those that don't know) album put into images. Lovely.

Olaf Ittenbach is also a genius when it comes to this sort of stuff, except his work is more polished and professional looking. From Black Past to Burning Moon and Premutos (and a new movie he's working on, I believe its titled Legion) Hell, now both of them are obtaining budgets for their work, keeping the gore alive.

6. EVIL-SINNER

EVIL-SINNER Guest

no, i wasn' talking about the remake of NOTLD.