Zombie - BU vs. AB vs. SS (When released) - Screen Captures - NSFW

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Latency, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yep i agree, look at the 6th capture, it is way too bright and clear in the BU edition, especially around the lips, the decay etc doesn't look accurate compared to the darker AB version

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

The reason "everyone" is rushing to praise it is because it is a quantum leap over the AB version (unless you are viewing the dvd on a small screen but even then it is a big difference). These screenshots don't do the transfer justice. Now if the SS version looks great then it should be praised also. If someone really wants to see how much better it looks then go pay the $14.99 or maybe cheaper and quit being a cheapskate. :D

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i want to see how ss version is

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

We wait long time.

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Me so horny

6. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    So has anyone heard of anyone actually scoring the SS version yet? Longest wait ever!

7. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

If SS version isn't out Tuesday... Me goin to get the BU version. Of course I will eventually get the SS release too. :)

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- If someone really wants to see how much better it looks then go pay the $14.99 or maybe cheaper and quit being a cheapskate--

It's got nothing to do with being a cheapskate and has everything to do with not wanting a release san extras. Honestly, the SS release will be out soon enough, why people can't wait a little while longer is beyond me. This release hs been a long time coming, a little longer doesn't matter to me.

As for the screenshots not doing the transfer justice, that run contrary to every other disc that we compare screenshots of. Other than owning a disc, a screenshot is all we have to go on. As it is, the BU looks good, but not great - and certainly not perfect.

I also think it's obvious that in this case, and others, people worship BU as though they can do no wrong. My eyes tell my different though - Shockwaves, Dead and Buried, this disc. They're just like anyone else, some good some bad. In this unique case we have a choice, and I'm happy for that. If the SS disc is poop, I'll be the first to say so ;)

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

It sounds like to me you are a little bitter towards BU. I could be wrong though and that's ok.
    The screenshots don't look quite the same on my tv. There is less of the yelow/greenish tint in that truck shot so that's what I mean about the screenshots not doing it justice. And it's hard to tell on a smaller computer screen what a transfer truly looks like (unless again your tv is as small as your monitor). On a bigger screen is where you start to see the differences most. You can't really tell how awful the AB dvd looks when you have smaller screen captures, I am sure you will agree. I have a 47 inch tv which isn't huge at all compared to other's projectors and the like but I can definately tell BU's release blows the AB one away and I like it:)

Oh by the way the BU release does have extras.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2004
  10. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- sounds like to me you are a little bitter towards BU. I could be wrong though and that's ok.--

Not bitter, I take each product as it comes. I do get a little tired by the BU groupies praising everything they do regardless. Example: You have a 47 inch TV? Have you got "Dead and Buried"? As you know, I have a projector with an 11 foot screen - let me tell you, that DVD is so bad it sometimes verges on the unwatchable. On my widescreen TV (I forget the size of that, but it's one of the smaller ones), it gets by - just about. But come on, that DVD needs help. It's really simple for me, bad is just bad, and I must call it as I see it.

-- You can't really tell how awful the AB dvd looks when you have smaller screen captures, I am sure you will agree.--

Well, I'm kind of lazy :D I really should look at the same scenes on my AB disc to compare. I can tell you one thing, the AB disc overall is in need of help. It's really bad without a doubt. I'd in no way defend the AB release. I just have to see the SS disc to compare. I am glad to hear about that yellow tinge issue not being visible on your TV - it IS an issue with the screenshots, imo.

The BU has bog standard "extras". TV Spots, a trailer and a gallery counted as good extras five years ago - with the specs on the SS release, clearly, BU comparitively have none :D Honestly in this day and age, the BU disc is pretty much bare bones. But then, we knew that.

Of course, I might be out of step. I just don't understand why people are bothered about waiting a week or so for the SS release and spring for the BU instead. It's all part of this "I must have it now" mentality that I don't quite understand. We've waited months and months for this release, a week or so isn't going to make any difference to me.

Has anyone heard why the SS was delayed a bit? Maybe it just takes longer to print double-disc packs - maybe it's part of the deal with BU (to give them market lead time) - maybe it's a screw up of sorts. I don't know, I've not read anything elsewhere - anyone else?

11. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I was thinking the same thing about SS maybe having to give BU some lead time. I'm not really sure what the deal is though. Yea BU's disc is kinda bare bones but for me what I really wanted was the radio spots. Like I said before I love those damn things for some reason.

Can someone that owns the BU release do me a favor and check out that truck scene on their tv and let me know if it has less of that tint to it? I'm just curious.

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

most people (99.9% of consumers) won't have a clue that the SS version is coming out so you'd figure SS will lose out on a lot of sales to the BU version

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I am still quite amazed that no one has any other info or pics or reviews of SS's version. Nothing.

So is the date still the 3rd or 10th? DVD Empire and DDD is saying 3rd.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Thrashard, as was mentioed somewhere, SS are not sending out review discs. BU did, and therefore reviews came online before the disc was in peoples hands. Given the beating SS take for everything they do these days, I'm not wholly surprised. Still, we don't know the reason behind the delay.

Not that it affected my choice of what to buy - even if the BU disc has a better pictures, I want those extras for this classic title.

15. What dvd is better to get, ss or bu? i dont mean tranfer wise, i mean which is uncut, and which has mre features?

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

They are both uncut. SS has a lot more features. But no-one has seen the SS version yet, since it's not out at the moment.

17. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Have you even read this thread at all?

18. Joni Backman

Joni Backman New Member

19. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Nope - didn't feel any need to buy and rebuy this one. Other releases being good or bad doesn't make the BU one good. Actually, it's naff, imo. My advice is to watch on small screens, as I noted earlier.

20. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

i'm with you on this one dude. i bought dead and buried AND god told me to on the fact that everyone here raves about BU and the covers caught my attention. two of the shittiest looking dvds i own. i like their effort in putting out titles that people want but shitty video is shitty video. i just saw that dead and buried is being released by AB UK in a 2 disc set. if it is a remastered transfer it just might look better.