Zombie - BU vs. AB vs. SS (When released) - Screen Captures - NSFW

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Latency, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

ive got around 30 meg of webspace available too if anyone needs me to host for them

2. Neuman

Neuman Guest

Latency, I might be retarded, but there isn't a shot on this new disc that matches up to BU and ABs 7:45 mark. I mean the entire boat scene is intact, but I can't find that one shot.

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

The zombie on the boat? I know it's kinda tricky to get the same shot. it's after the cop shoots the zombie for about the last time. Right before he falls into the water. After it shows the cop shooting his gun pause it and go frame by frame forward and you will see it finally. Blame Latency for pausing it at a strange place ;)

4. Neuman

Neuman Guest

Nevermind, I got close enough. Gimme a few more minutes

5. Neuman

Neuman Guest

I'm using PowerDVD, how can I go frame by frame?

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Can't you just keep hitting pause or does that just pause and unpause it?

7. Neuman

Neuman Guest

I can keep hitting pause, but that definitely won't be going one frame at a time. I'm doing OK with this though, gimme a couple more minutes.

8. Neuman

Neuman Guest

OK, here are the screen shots, as close to Latency's as I could get. Thanks to him for getting the screen shots from the AB and BU release. Now I got this all on PowerDVD. This is the first time I have ever gotten screenshots off a disc, so I hope I did it right. A lot of times when I paused it, and people in the shot were in motion, it looks blurry, but only when paused. I think the image on this disc is magnificent, so if anything looks slightly off, it may be because I had to pause a lot to get the shots right. I opened the shots in Jasc's Paint Shop Pro, and I saved them as JPEGs with as little picture loss as possible. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    7:52

[​IMG]
    12:29

[​IMG]
    31:50

[​IMG]
    36:41

[​IMG]
    41:14

[​IMG]
    59:32

[​IMG]
    100:19

[​IMG]
    111:12

[​IMG]
    116:53

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Thanks man.

10. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

WOW! :eek:

Looks like the SS version will be the one to own for me. :)

11. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Ditto that, I'm impressed! Hey, thanks for posting those screen shots. :glasses:

12. betterdan

betterdan Guest

They look about the same to me except the SS looks to have a little brighter color. i imagine I'll be buying it.

13. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

color is better on the SS and looks sharper as well!!

I don't know if you guys have seen the packaging but have a look at this (posted from another forum)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great packaging and inserts and a poster!

14. Latency

Latency Guest

Thanks a bunch Neuman!!!!

Okay, I added the SS shots to the original post. Go enjoy. Neuman, this might be asking much, but looks like your shots are slightly off in the OAR department. I think you might have to tell PowerDVD you're using a 4:3 display. You're getting some anamorphic stretching in your screens (just compare them to my original BU ones).

Now for my take on this. I much prefer the lower contrast on the BU disc. The SS release does boast brighter colors, but I noticed some detail is lost. The BU does look much sharper as well (but this could be because Neuman hasen't corrected his captures yet). I was thinking about buying the SS too but all I really care about is nice A/V and BU seems to have the better of the two for my tastes. This is only my opinion though, some people might prefer the brighter colors, I don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2004
  15. betterdan

betterdan Guest

It does look nice but is not sharper take a look at the building behind the truck. Notice the tiles on the roof in both pics. Also look at the yellow towel on the boat. You can see the texture of the towel in the BU one but in the SS one the color is too saturated and it loses some of the texture. Not a huge deal but there is a difference.

16. Neuman

Neuman Guest

Demon, those are mine too. I thought I posted them here.

Latency, if I have time later on tonight, and if I can figure out how to make PowerDVD do what I want it to do, I might try it again.

17. Latency

Latency Guest

I agree betterdan. I think we gotta wait for Neuman to fix the images before we can be critical though.

18. Latency

Latency Guest

I used windvd and it displays properly by default. i can send it to you via icq or msn if you wish.

my icq is 7072788 and my msn is jozsefmihok@hotmail.com

i'm a bit tired so tomorrow is better for me too. thanks again dude!!

19. Neuman

Neuman Guest

Hmm, I do see the difference, and it does look vertically stretched... but what settings do I have selected that would make Power DVD do that?

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The SS edition is too neon colored in the morgue shot compared to the BU edition. Also, the ocean scene in BU's is of a more realistic hue. SS's is too bright. I'm glad I made the right purchase.

edit to add: If I bought SS' first, though, I'd be content. :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004