Zombie, Dawn of the Dead 4 Disc Edition and Phantasm IV

Discussion in 'General' started by DAnytoon, May 16, 2006.

1. DAnytoon

DAnytoon Guest

Hi!

A simple question (this is the right place to make questions? hope so... if not, sorry! :p )

Are the audiocommentaries of these DVDs subtitled?

Thanks

2. Noto

Noto Guest

No, No, and No.

Simple fact. Anchor Bay never subtitles anything.

I have the Blue Underground Zombie disc, and it isn't subtitled. Perhaps the Shriek Show disc is, someone else might help you with that.

3. DAnytoon

DAnytoon Guest

thank you very much for your fast response! THe reason for that request is that Im spanish, and, besides I can see (and understand) a movie in english, I cant understand the audiocommentaries on english! :p Yep, It sound a little weird, but it's true :p

So... Anchorbay didnt subtitles anything... What companies usually subtitles the audiocommentaries?

4. as far as I know not many....

I know the Grudge director's cut did but that was english subtitles for a japanese commentary

5. Noto

Noto Guest

Which seems to be the standard. If the commentary is from a non-English actor/director, they will often subtitle it in English only. It is pretty rare for an English language film, to have a subtitled commentary. I have seen this occur though.

All of the NoShame Italian films have English subtitles. Tartan is good with doing this as well. These are the only two that I know of that regularly do it.

6. DAnytoon

DAnytoon Guest

Thankyou very much... :D

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I have the Japanese Boondock Saints dvd, which has an English audio commentary (a much better one than the US and German discs I might also add) with Japanese subtitles for it.
    I haven't seen any R1 dvds that have subs for other languages (guess I missed it on The Grudge, couldn't wait to return that rent).
    AB won't even do subs for the movies which annoys me as I often turn them on when listening to commentary tracks.

Maybe try looking for Spanish dvds. Not sure of any sites that sell them, but try www.happyhunter.com and you might find something.

I wouldn't be shocked to see this becoming an option on some mainstream dvds as the Spanish speaking community continues to grow in the US.

8. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i want to speak, but Rasheed wants me to be quiet.

9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

:D
    It's O.K., he's mostly harmless. Also note the thumb kinda extended, ready to accept the blunt being passed.:glasses:
    Hopefully not legless after hurting his ankle in the theft of game 4 tonight.
    I was glad to see Lebron was indeed in-bounds when hitting that miracle 3 at the end of the first half, but the 4th quarter was nothing short of questionable.

What sucks most of all, I was supposed to see a close-out game Weds night!:fuck:
    Least I still got decent seats.:)

Last edited: May 16, 2006