Zombie DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by marcx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

What transfer for Zombie has the title Zombie Flesh Eaters in the opening credits? That is the copy I watched, and to be truthful the transfer wasn't bad at all.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I just saw the one that says ZOMBIE in the opening titles.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

3. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

Anchor bay had an excellent print of ZOMBIE for their DVD release. It was a dire MPEG2 compression that ruined it, as is the case with a large number of thier earlier DVDs.

I'm still amazed that so many people can't distinguish between film damage and digital compression problems. The symptoms are completely different. You don't get pixelation or MPEG2 'wobbly' artifacting on filmstock...

4. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

That'll be the UK version. Released either by Vipco or StoneVision, depending on which one you got hold of. Always preferred that title to just plain 'ZOMBIE'.

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

But see, that's just nitpicking. The same could be said of the misuse of terms like letterboxing and widescreen... Its no big deal as far as I can see, the point is made all the same.

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Ah but I agree with FL. It's not really the same. Believing that the rather sub-par release was because of a shitty print isn't going to solve anything. Knowing that the fuck up was due to a poor mastering job makes me feel better (as there truly is hope for a great release down the road). Plus digital crap pisses me off. I'd rather watch a grainy movie than one with a single frame of pixelation. Completely ruins it, IMO.

7. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

In the end though, its all what they are willing to do. Will Anchor Bay release an updated version? I dunno, but I hope so. But its up to them.

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I don't think AB still has the rights. It'll probably be up to Shriek Show to eventually release a superior disc. I agree that the AB dvd looks like crap, but the widescreen VHS looked good.