Zombie Holocaust

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by crank, Feb 9, 2002.

1. crank

crank Guest

On the Shriek Show website they have the artwork and specs up for the Zombie Holocaust release. It shows a release date of 3-26-02 and has some interviews, and the extra "Dr. Butcher M.D." footage with commentary from the director. Sounds pretty cool.

crank

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

thats awesome.
    the picture has to be a step up from the Dragon DVD...
    this is one of my favorite movies. i remember i ordered the Dragon DVD from Sazuma, it was the first and only time ive used them. took it like 5 months to get here. but it was worth it, the movies great even with a bad transfer.

Jeff

3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

That cover art sucks ass

4. Still better than the Dragon cover art though!

5. blaster

blaster Guest

Should be reversable...

Well if you do not like that side we are tryinfg to make this cover reversable so you can see the Dr. Butcher cover on the other side.

I like the Dr. Butcher side better myself...

-john

6. hell ya!

That's good Blaster better to have 2 sides so the fans can pick. Where can i see the dragon cover art, anyone?

7. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Awesome. I want this movie almost as bad as the upcoming Nightmare City!

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Try www.sexgoremutants.co.uk and click on SGM dvd shop.

9. crank

crank Guest

I think the cover art is pretty cool. Yea, that Dragon DVD looks like absolute shit (the cover and the transfer), I imagine this will be a definite upgrade. And over at midnight video, they said the movie is missing a 4 minute scene. I don't know if it's true, but Midnight Video is usually pretty accurate.

crank

10. hell ya!

The dragon cover art is not all that different from Shriek Show's cover art but SS's art is a bit better.

11. That scene is included on the Dragon DVD as a "deleted scene," as opposed to being in the film... I think it works better that way. Watching those two walk around the jungle for too long starts to get dull.

12. I didn't really mind either way. The pace certainly improves without the jungle attack scene - but I'm just as happy to watch it in the movie.

Zombie Holocaust is awesome sleaze & gore, but I didn't like the Doctor Butcher MD version at all. The score was dreadful & that scene on the beginning was a total waste of time & had nothing to do with the movie.

13. mazzariniuk

mazzariniuk Guest

Nice to see the DVD is going to feature interviews with Ian McCulloch and Maurizio Trani, but I think we can do without the DR. BUTCHER M.D. rubbish, and as for Roy Frumkes commentary - won't that be nice :eek: . An interview with Fabrizio De Angelis would be a most welcome addition, not quite sure why none of his productions on DVD have this feature. Come on SS be the first.

14. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

I agree completely. Having it shot in an italian woods didn't help it either!

Blaster, any chance of having a function similar to Troma's TERROR FIRMER disk, where if you select it to, it can 'cut' it while playing, and give you alternate versions? I'd personally really like the DR BUTCHER version as well. Naff it may be, but it's a must have.
    Not sure if this is Branching Tech or not?

15. crank

crank Guest

I still have never seen the Dr. Butcher MD version. how shitty is it really?

crank

16. jaybienweb

jaybienweb Guest

There's a different, shitty soundtrack and an added beginning from some unfinished zombie film by Frumkes.

I think some of the scenes are mixed-up too. I'm not 100% certain though, it's been ages since I've seen the 'Dr. Butcher' version.

17. crank

crank Guest

Shriek Show cover art

Looking at all of the Shriek Show covers, I think it would be cool if you put the little SS logo in the corner on all of them, like you did on Demonia, Womin in Fury, and Killer Barbys. Kind of brings all of your discs together. And what does it say between the two red bars on the top of the Killer Barby art?

crank

18. It's real shitty. Take one good old fashioned, Italian zombie movie - throw in a shitty cheap score. Throw in a garbage pre-shot prologue - purely because you can't tag it onto anything else. Anglicise the cast & crew, change the title to something you think will make more money - and abla!

= Doctor Butcher.

19. AlkanFan

AlkanFan Guest

Don't let anybody fool you: the Dr. Butcher MD cut is hilarious. I was kind of hoping that it would be included here along with the Zombi Holocaust version, but I suppose the extras will make up for this minor disappointment.

20. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I actually prefer the Dr Butcher edit of the film -- the music is hilarious and the pace is quickened up with the deletion of small amounts of extraneous footage. A perfect DVD set would’ve contained both edits, but oh well, what can ya do? Here’s hoping some enterprising foreign DVD company will pop out both versions…