zombie honeymoon

Discussion in 'General' started by Semerrill, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

has anyone ever seen this movie, i picked up screener from a friend today it has a bunch of extras.

2. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

ZOMBIE HONEYMOON DVD art

http://fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5270

3. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Plan Your 'Zombie Honeymoon' this February!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=5493&Template=newsfull

4. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This movie has been getting rave reviews everywhere and I can't find anything on it. Anyone know if this movie is any good?

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

ZOMBIE HONEYMOON DVD

http://www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1159

6. Damed

Damed Guest

7. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Just saw this one last night, and I enjoyed it.

For an indy film, the characters were well acted (well, the lead characters anyway) and the cinematography was impressive. I was also very surprised about the level of gore in this flick as well. Overall, it was a new twist on the whole zombie genre that worked out pretty well. It was actually kinda sad too :(

I hard a hard time hunting this one down in the stores, but I went to a local record shop and they had it. It was way overpriced, but I was only a few bucks cheaper on DDD.

8. It is available to rent at my local BlockBuster believe it or not.

9. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I just bought this at Movie Gallery, but it's not the same DVD as the one I see reviewed online, maybe it's a Canadian only release (from VVS, they release a lot of indie shit here)? I see it doesn't have all the features, but I don't really watch features much to begin with, so for 7 bucks, I'll take it so long as it's widescreen.

10. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Checked this out tonight and really enjoyed it. I loved how it's a Zombie film that takes itself seriously for a change. The Acting was great compared to what I expected from a low budget Zombie flick and it had a soundtrack that really adds to the film. I love when a low budget Indy film gets it right.

11. dmeister

dmeister New Member

It wasn't bad for a B-flick. Worth a rent, anyway.

dmeister

12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I thought this movie was god awful. Just remembering it makes me roll my eyes. It started off OK, but it took a turn for the horribly stupid and lame when it started taking its oh so insufferable love story oh so seriously. I just can't take human-zombie love seriously. Nope. Not happening. Ever. If I want a sappy feminine love story about love's many obstacles, I will stick with regular folks thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2006
  13. shift

shift Hot as shit!

hummmmmmmmm..... trying to like to story line, but for some odd reason it just sounds silly :(

14. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

If you go into it with the preconception that it's another Zombie horror comedy like I think a few people did, you may be taken off guard. If you enjoy a more serious approach to your Horror and want a more original approach to your Zombie films well then you may enjoy it quite a bit. Go into it with the mindset of Deathdream/Suburban Nightmare and you should be OK.

15. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I had read reviews before seeing the movie and knew that it was supposed to be a serious type love story that really got into the whole "for better or for much, much worse" thing. What I didn't know going in was that, at least as the story was presented, I just couldn't go there. Maybe I am just not romantic enough. Also, the movie did play some for laughs, which did get in the way of its more somber points.

This movie is no Deathdream.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2006
  16. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I don't think anyone is claiming it's as good as Deathdream.

17. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

For a movie titled Zombie Honeymoon to take itself so seriously is almost funnier than it could have been had it tried. That's not to say that it's bad--I sat through it, and it even grossed me out a bit at the end--but I keep thinking back to what I was really watching whenever things got too dramatic.

Denise's character is mercifully interesting despite looking like a semi-unsuccessful cross-polination of Winona Ryder and Kate Beckinsale. But eventually the curiosity wore off, and I could not take the relationship seriously.

Suspension of disbelief, sure, sure, but if I ever find a woman goodly enough to marry me, and she starts barfing up guts of some fat jogger in the tub, I'm out. Reminded me of that Spooky Fish South park episode where Stan's mom keeps saying "I have such a good little boy" while burying the remains of his supposed victims. For me, it eventually became more about "I wonder how
    Danny
    is gonna eat this person?" than anything else. (There were some solid moments between the cop and Denise, though. )

And is it ever explained how zombies are able to chew through skull? I imagine it's like trying to chew through a coconut.

18. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Just picked this up the other day from Wal-Marts $5 bin. I just finished watching it and must say that this was certainly a surprise. I was going in expecting another shitty low budget zombie movie ala Automaton Transfusion and what I got was a rather decent low budget zombie/romance movie. The premise is rather ludicrous from the get go, but it eventually turns into a poignant and sometimes touching film. The cinematography is outstanding for such a low budget film and there are certainly many scenes that will stick in my head for days (Danny in the glow of the video game screen, Denise as she tries to overcome the sounds of Danny's inevitable feast, etc) This movie was truly a delight and a must see for all zombie fans. Just don't go in expecting the norm, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

19. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

A friend and his girlfriend got this for me a few years back for my birthday. It has a few choice moments and is a pretty fun ride, but it's honestly not a flik I watch very often (in fact, I think it's been well over a year since I've watched it)

20. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Couldn't get through this piece of garbage!