Zombie III review.

Discussion in 'General' started by The Chaostar, Aug 18, 2003.

1. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I know that many Fulci fans (among myself) would like to believe that Zombie III it's mainly a Bruno Matei film but it is not.
    Beatrice Ring has stated the opposite in many interviews (including one lengthy one in Dark Side magazine).
    Same thing can be found in THE definite book on Fulci, "Beyond Terror".
    Fulci finished a 75 minute cut of the film but some scenes dragged forever while others where short. Bruno Matei came in and filmed additional action scenes in just a few days to "save" the film.
    You wont find any official information that will state the opposite.

Point is, Fulci had lost it and what we see in Zombie III is just the proof of that.

2. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

here is a little info courtesy of midnight video

ZOMBI 3 (Shriek Show) The beginning of the film and many major gore scenes have been re-inserted from a vastly inferior VHS tape because the source material provided to 'Shriek Show' was inadequate. This is totally unacceptable as the Japan version does not have this problem. We wish 'Shriek Show' would know what they were buying before going ahead and releasing sub-par product at the expense of the true fans of these films. For the record, they had a very knowledgeable person (Dolph Chiarino) who knew what was missing from their elements and had the knowledge and sense to make this release complete instead of releasing the cut element. Sadly Dolph grew weary of the practices at 'Shriek Show' and has since left the company.

3. While we're talking about the Zombie 3 review, I think they really should've at least mentioned that the version they reviewed has been replaced by another with an audio commentary and additional interview.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2003
  4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

There was another version released with an audio commentary? Damn... good thing I don't have that old disc anymore. ;)

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

I had meant to do that in the news update. Ooops.

I will also ask John to make a note in the review about the other version.