Zombie Is In Stock At Best Buy

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by skinnypuppy6, Feb 17, 2002.

1. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

I just got back from Best Buy where I snatched the new/old A.B Zombie dvd off the cart 9.99!(beats the 30.00 I payed for the first one) those of you who are "completists"(like myself) might want to pick it up just for the artwork much better than the first AB dvd and it has a neat forward written by Michael Felsher wich offers No New insight to the film but is better than the forward on the insert to the AB zombie vhs.I'ts worth getting to complete the A.B "Lucio Fulci Collection" but if you are on a budget HOLD OUT FOR THE SHRIEK SHOW DVD!

2. Mr. Giallo

Mr. Giallo Guest

Good alte Best Buy...I believe I'll be going there tomorrow, mit mein money to pick this one up. $9.99, eh? Guess that means $29.99 at Media Play!

3. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I need to get this one. I missed my chance on the old one. Can't wait to see what Shriek Show does with this great Fulci flick!

4. evileye

evileye Member

SO... now that the repressed ZOMBIE dis is out, is the transfer any better. I know its the same master and not 16x9, but has the artifacting been cleaned up from the old pressing?

5. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

as far as I can tell its the same disc just repressed with different artwork

6. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Yeah, that was a shitty looking transfer. I can't wait to see what Shriek Show does with their version. Also, I understand that the Anchor Bay version is missing some footage.

7. Wermode

Wermode New Member

Evileye, a friend and I checked this out last night, and it looks like the same transfer to us.

8. flesh-huntr

flesh-huntr Guest

The transfer on this new/old disk looks awful. I missed out on the first one being that it was pre-dvd for me, but i did get the vhs and imo it looks a million times better than the dvd. With this being only 9.99 (only 3 bucks more than a Diamond disk) and having the commentary, i would still say it was well worth it.

9. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I just "Zombie" today, the picture looks like crap! I liked the fact that it was only $9.99 and the comentary was pretty cool (Is this the first time Ian McCulloch watched the entire film? I guess the 6 times he makes that statement, I wasn't paying attention.) but I expected a better looking piture.

You can tell it's a direct transfer, AB has thier "spookie" music with thier logo and the start of the fim. The 5.1 Dolby Digital track sure didn't do a whole F#$@ing lot on my surround sound system.

Anyone have the WooDoo DVD? How is the picture compared to this AB reprint?

10. crank

crank Guest

I own the original version of AB's Zombie, so I don't imagine I'll be picking up the new one. But I do think it is worth having as well as the SS version just for the commentary. I found it to be rather fun.

crank

11. Hey man!.....

...I was just there YESTERDAY & NO Zombie DVDs! Is the official release date today?

Bummer is I had a BB coupon that expired YESTERDAY!!! :(

12. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

I was at best buy to day and they had two more. best buys are funky about how they stock

13. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Re: Hey man!.....

Yeah, Peter, I had the same coupons, but no Zombie in my Best Buy. I did, however, get Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for $16 with the coupon.

14. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
  15. I don't own ZOMBIE in the widescreen format, but only an old pan & scan edition from T-Z Video. I would just wait for the Shriek Show edition, but who knows when that'll come out, and for only $10 it might be worth it.

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I'd wait on Shriek Show. I have the first pressing of Anchor Bay's Zombie dvd, and boy does it look like shit! If you do get it, you'll probably end up getting the SS disc anyway. :)

17. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

BUY IT!!! whats 10 bucks chump change

18. mazzariniuk

mazzariniuk Guest

Buy it ...

just for the commentary by Ian McCulloch, as far as I know SS will not be having this on their DVD, but I am sure they will have a far better picture - maybe!