Zombie movies Box Office Results.

Discussion in 'General' started by Pukenstein, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

2. crank

crank Guest

Wow, I never realised that Zombie movies faired so porly. Then again, with Cemetary Man only playing in 25 theaters, what do you expect.

crank

3. KillerQ

KillerQ Guest

Hello...

Of course Resident Evil will become number #1. It's a mainstream film, with a chick in it that is based off of a popular game -- all the brainwashed kiddies will go..... Doesn't mean it's good though....

I probably wont ever see it..

Matt

4. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Good news, Resident Evil looking good, I like the movie, its good it will make money, bring in more hollywood interest into Horror.

Excellent.

5. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I hope it does too. that movie kicks ass. And it will, first weekend and its already close.

6. RE can lick my ballz! Romero would've done it the justice it deserved!

Its pains me to look at that list & see how poorly some of my fav horror movies did at the box office! :(

7. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

But RE will make more than Romero's 4th Dead film. It's sad. It will do well because it's a videogame, that's all. Otherwise it would do 5 mil like NOTLD 90.

8. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

9. Is this like your world series where you only play against yourselves ???

Surely the biggest grossing proper (I'm sorry Death Becomes Her is not a Zombie Movie, that's like calling Hill Street Blues a Slasher film because somebody gets err 'slashed') Zombie movie (inflation adjusted) looking at Worldwide receipts would be Zombie Flesh Eaters which I read took US $30 million

10. englishken

englishken New Member

what !!!

How the hell did pet semetary 2 get so high in the chart --it was utter dog crap -------- i cant believe people actually paid to watch this lame-brainer.

11. vroberts

vroberts New Member

RE

I saw Resident Evil and it turned out to be a pretty kick ass movie. It followed the game somewhat (name changes, reversed settings) and had a decent gore factor for a R flick (Could have been more though, there is a NC-17 cut in Paul's hands). I thought it would suck just like the rest of you, but I gave it a chance and liked it. Easily one of the best Hollywood horror movies in the past few years. So quit your bitchin about what Romero would have done and give it a try (I would rather Romero hurry and finish the 4th Dead film anyway). It's definitely not for "kiddies" though. :p

12. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Romero would have easily done a better job and I haven't even seen the goddamn movie. In fact, an article in last week's OC register was written demanding that Romero should be paid or sue the team behind RE because of all the work Romero put into it and what the producers stole from him and many of his movies. And for Romero's 4th Dead flick, I hope it kicks ass, but Dead Reckoning?? I don't really like the sound of that.........Where did Twilight of the Dead go?

13. Nexus_06

Nexus_06 Guest

Did anyone read romeos script, I did and I foud it very enjoyable and entertaining and very faithful to the game with a lot of caracter development, (not many zombies though) but a very good script.

I havenĀ“t seen the movie yet so I cannot compare with is the better story.

14. U know...as soon as I saw this movie on the list I immediately discarded it! I have no idea what that movie is doing on a "zombie" list! Its a dark comedy...not even close to being a horror film! Oh well!

15. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

Possible spoiler

RE copied Romero. Go see it. The beginning of Day of the Dead. The city is destroyed and you see "The Dead Walk" paper. And in Dawn when Roger tells Peter he doesn't want to walk around like that.

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'm glad to see ROTLD2 made a decent chunk of change.

17. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

think what you want, but it usually helps to actually see the movie first before you throw negative opinions. :p

and nexus, Ive read Romeo's script for the movie, and yes its very faithful to the game, but thats what makes it unappealing to me. Ive played and beaten the games, so watching his movie would be predictable and kinda boring... even in script form I knew everything that was going to happen, from the mutant snake to the tyrant in the end.zzzzzzz. I'm glad anderson did this film, and made it something new for both freaks of the game (like myself) and people who have never played it. Yet it is still in RE's storyline and world.
    take care