Zombie Movies

Discussion in 'General' started by Nemesis, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

Hey, just watched zombi2/zombie... pretty cool movie.. got a question for yas

i know there is night of the living dead, dawn of the dead and day of the dead... i havent seen dawn of the dead yet (but i have ordered the UK version with the directors + theatrical cuts )..

my question is, i know there is a movie called zombi by dario argento which is his cut of dawn of the dead... is lucio fulci's zombi2/zombie a sequel to this? and therefore sort of a sequel to dawn of the dead? and zombi3 (and 4?), neither of which ive seen, are sequels to zombie?

so the zombie movies go... the 3 dead movies, with zombie,zombi3 and zombie4 as a another directors sequel chain brancing off from dawn of the dead??

can someone set me straight? im pretty confused :)

2. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

What happened was That Argento called his cut Zombi. So Lucio Changed his to Zombi 2, so no one could get confused, and when he made the sequel He could not call it Zombie 2 becasue the First was called that so he called it Zombi 3. YOU GET.

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

ahh so the 3 dead movies + argento's cut are completely seperate to fulci's zombie + zombi3 (is there a 4? i thought there was?)

4. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

a reviewer in the review section of this website says the following about zombie/zombi2

so it IS related to the dead films?

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

There's like three threads floating around about this.

Just one thing Dealer:

It was deliberatly changed to cash in on the Zombi: Dawn of the Dead success (from what I understand). In fact, Zombie was a cash-in from the get go.

6. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

sorry i normally check for other threads but i didnt think this topic had been discussed recently, ah well, theres only so many horror films and so much you can talk about them before u start repeating questions/answers... so a little bit of repetition is expected ;)

7. mcchrist

No biggie. Its not related, just a quick cash-fix.

8. mcchrist

BTW: I'm not saying its a bad movie or anything, just the motives are questionable.

9. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

hey they just said on the commentary to zombie that they thought it was a prequel to dawn...

10. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Never seen Dawn? My favorite movie. Awesome flick. I live by the Mall it was filmed in.

11. mcchrist

And you know what, that's probably precisely what they were told, but in all honesty its just :bs:

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yeah, it seems to be the kind of film i like... im guessing its like day of the dead but in a mall? :) i noticed bensonsworld have charged my credit card for it today so im guessing theyve shipped it now... with some luck ill be watching it this time next week! :banana: :banana:

13. mcchrist

Oh my...

You are in for a treat buddy boy, it won't be what you're expecting... But at the same time, I dunno... Its the best damn zombie film ever filmed! And I'll bet a dollar you'll say the same!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

14. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

lol cant wait!! zombie movies have such awesome potential... day of the dead came close, but had soo much more potential

15. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

DAWN ROCKS:banana: :banana:

My fav horror movie of all time.:banana: :banana:

16. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Not to be a dick, but your sig has a typo. ;)

17. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Done and done;) ;)

18. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm not seeing it. Edit: guess it got fixed.

My opinions are as follows. DAWN OF THE DEAD (aka ZOMBI) is, and will always be, the best zombie film, bar none. It's incredibly great. ZOMBIE (ZOMBI 2) is also awesome, and holds its own in every respect. One of the best Euro flicks. ZOMBI 3 is alright, a lot of people really like it but I'm kinda eh on it. Was directed by Fulci and then Bruno Mattei did 15 more minutes to beef up the length. ZOMBIE 4 (directed by Claudio Fragasso, co-writer of ZOMBI 3) is pretty unrelated but I love it all the same. Definitely worth getting.

19. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

We got this, man.. we got this by the ass!

20. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Fulci was simply trying to cash in on the success of the Romero/Argento flick. The others are right; the movies have nothing to do with each other. It would be analogous to making a sci-fi movie with Jedis and calling it Star Wars, Episode 7 or Star War (with no 's').

dmeister