Zombie movies

Discussion in 'General' started by Nightbreed, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

i am not really in touch with some of the post night of the living dead zombie movies i am a huge fan on romero's trilogy can someone tell me other zombie movies that are good and you recommend?

2. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Check out "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie"

This is right up there with "NOTLD" and "Dawn" for me - very well-photographed, atmospheric , and suspenseful - it's a must-see!!!

3. Dave

Dave Pimp

<A HREF="http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/n-z/rotld2-ld/">Return of the Living Dead Part 2</A> - underrated gem.

<A HREF="http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/n-z/waxwork-ld/">Waxwork</A> has a great little homage to Romero's <B>Night of the Living Dead</B>.

4. Trout

Trout Guest

-Let sleeping corpses lie- not a lot of zombies but still very good.
    -Return of the living dead- a classic not on DVD...yet.

If you don't mind watching bad films then try:

-Night of the zombies (Hell of the living dead)
    -City of the walking dead (Nightmare city)
    -Burial ground (Nights of terror)
    -Dr. Butcher MD (Zombi holocaust)- not really a 100%zombie movie but still very "good".

5. froggydogg69

froggydogg69 New Member

I was reading an article in an older Fango recently about a movie called The Dead Next Door, it looks very interesting, and gory to boot. Anyone recommend this movie?

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Hmmm....let's see.......

Though it isnt really a zombie flick, Night of the Comet has some zombies in it and the movie just kicks ass. I also would suggest The Beyond or Gates of Hell. Also, check out Biozombie if you like Asain cinema. And then there's the Romero flicks and the Return series, which are pure gold. Can't wait for that 3-disc Dawn of the Dead next year.

7. dlundh

dlundh Guest

Actually, Return of the living dead is out on DVD, R2UK. Shitty 4:3 transfer but the movie is pure gold.

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Well, it all depends. I thought it was a cool flick, with some great (but not too subtle) homages to the Dead trilogy. The only problems are that the film was shot in 8mm, so if you've never seen anything shot in 8mm it'll take some time to get used to it. Secondly, the disc is only available from Tempe Video for $20. It's barebones, and no matter what they did, the film is still very obviously shot in 8mm, so it's pretty bad looking. This is all last time I checked though, it could be around other places, and eBay probably has some copies too. IMO, it's worth it.

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Damn this movie blew ass chocolate. The gore was very good but the movie and acting was some of the worst especially that damn doctor or whatever he was with the ball cap. Bought the dvd and quickly traded it off. This is the only dvd I have ever traded for another one it was that bad.