zombie rerelease? no more?

Discussion in 'General' started by skinnypuppy, Sep 8, 2001.

1. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

how come on the anchor bay list of in the future titles got rid of zombie rerelease?

are they not making one any more??

2. keith70

keith70 Guest

Troma probabley got the rights to it. Damn Bastards!

No offense Bastard.

3. crank

crank Guest

Wow, I was on their release page only a day or two ago and it was still listed, they must have just pulled it. Then again, AB has alot to tell us at their next chat. They havn't annoynced a DVD in months (at least one worth careing about). I want some more Fulci Collection annoyncements.

crank

4. Trout

Trout Guest

The announce films that they don't even have the rights to (Cannibal Apocolypse). Somebody ask them at the chat, why in the hell do they keep doing that.

5. No more Zombie release? I'll never get to see the film then. :(

When is the Chat?

6. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Troma has the rights? WTF? Great so what can we expect now? A pan and scan edition pulled from a 20 year old rental cassete? I'm sorry but this is not acceptable for some 10th rate video company to acquire the rights for a movie that was about to get the deluxe treatment from a prodution house who is at the top of their game.... These rogue studios need to be informed that we are not interested in their quite measley attempts at video releases. If Anchor Bay has infact lost the rights to this movie then it will not get the treatment it deserves.

I'm really growing tired of these lazy, zero-dollar budgeted, bogus video production houses that are run out of their parent's garage... How long has there been examples of how DVD should be done? 3 years?? At least Media Blasters is listening. Although the quality of their forthcoming anamorphic titles have yet to be seen...

Anchor Bay has done a lot of boneheaded things that has made me lose some respect for them but still they are the only ones who I trust with my euro horror.. Lets raise some hell.

7. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

^^^^ dude, i think he was joking :)

8. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

I hope so. Troma shoots their "movies" with camcorders right?:rolleyes:

9. keith70

keith70 Guest

I was joking about Troma probably having the rights. The reason for that was because they released Fulci's New Gladiators and Argento's Stendhal Syndrome.
    I doubt Troma has the rights to the film. I guess next time Ill add the little wink;) to let you know it was a joke.
    I would imagine AB probably pulled it from there upcoming releases because it's probably been pushed back to make room for other titles. Or who knows, maybe they found a bunch of goodies to add to the film and want to take their time.
    Either way, I'm sure the disc will get released in the near future. Until then, if you haven't seen it, I have seen the video in the mall. It may not be dvd, but at least you can watch the film uncut.

10. What was the expected release date for the rerelease of Zombie?

11. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

Im not worried I have the original A.B dvd and the Laser disc! but I'm sure they havnt dropped it.

12. Zombie rerelease

Good.
    Dammit.
    No more rereleases of movies that have already had really good special editions until every single, really cool horror flick that hasn't even had a bare bones DVD has a special edition!
    Please!

13. jak

jak Guest

Actually

Actually guys I heard from a VERY reliable source that some company is planning to do a box set for ZOMBIE. Finally the film is getting the attention it deserves! Oh yeah and I have heard that there might be interviews with some of the crew cough gianetto De Rossi and maybe Fabio Frizzi cough and maybe a whole cast commentarry(have heard no confirmation on that) so don't count on Anchor Bay on this one. Jak

14. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I'd say Anchor Bay will officially announce Zombie, as well as their supposed special edition of Dawn of the Dead in the upcoming HTF chat.

At the last Fox chat, Peter Staddon announced a few titles that would be coming our way next year for the first time.

15. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Question for Regurgitate. Did you steal your name from the band?
    Just wondering because their albums Effortless Regurgitation of bright red blood, and Carniverous Erection are two of the best album covers of all time.

Go here to see them...
    http://www.relapse.com/high/

Sorry that might just take you to the main page. If you can't see what I'm talking about, click on the thing on the bottom that says Relapse, then scroll down and find Regurgitate in the band list, then click on discography. I really recommend you all go look at it. Good stuff. Great song titles too.:D

16. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

ChrisPhelps

Yeah I stole it. heh. They were one of my favorite bands for a while but I like their older shit far better than the new CD. The sound sample from that scene in "City of the Living Dead" of the chick puking her guts out fit their first album so well.

It was deathmetal and goregrind that got me into Fulci. Before then Zombie and Gates of Hell were the only flicks of his that I had seen.

17. Trout

Trout Guest

I think most people who are into death metal are into Fulci/Euro-gore. That's one of the reasons I got started.

18. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Yeah me too. I remember seeing House by the Cemetery by Mortician in a pawn shop like 4 years ago. I didn't know it then but that was my start. Well really the first of the movies I ever actaully saw was some Gates of Hell taped off of TV. I remember the vomit scene came on and I was like 'wait a second', then I ran over and found my Relapse catalog and there it was the girl on my TV throwing up her internal organs on the cover of Regurgitate's Effortless Regurgitation cd. It's been one of my favorite scenes since then. I think McFarlane toys should make that as a toy. That would be so cool.