Zombie sequels

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Cydeous, Apr 12, 2003.

1. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

ZOMBI HOLOCAUST is one bad movie, but it's never boring....

I think ZOMBIE 3 is a lot of fun, but I just can't get through ZOMBIE 4.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Zombie Holocaust (aka Dr. Butcher, M.D. [Medical Deviate!]) is a sleazy grindhouse masterpiece! It's not related by any means to Zombi 2 or it's sequels, but it's a helluva lot better then any of the Zombi 2 sequels.

I bought both of the Shriek Show Zombie Packs (which the first pack is all the Zombi 2 sequels) a while back, and the only films I kept from those sets were Zombie Holocaust and Burial Ground: Night of Terror.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Let's be fair here - the Zombi 4 - After Death, and Zombi 5 - Killing Birds, are not sequels to Zombi 2. They were packaged that way to give SS a nice set.

I rewatched Killing Birds recently, having found it incredibly dull first time around. I found a lot to like in it this time around - and the science is so crazy, it can't possibly be bad.

4. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I remember in the VHS days, some other company re-named a bunch of unrelated movies as Zombie sequels. One of them was called Monster Hunter. I don't know much else about them, except that I was amused but never fooled.

5. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

That was actually D'Amato's Absurd, which itself is a pseudo-sequel.

6. foller

foller Active Member

Could someone tell me if the Shriek Show DVDs of Zombie 3 and 4 originally came with cardbord chapter indexes. I just bought Zombie 4 and it doesn't have one. I remember that i read somewhere that the first editions had such inlays. Is that true?

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

As far as I know, Killing Birds was the only one retitled by SS. There were bootleg VHS tapes of After Death with the Zombie 4 title floating around for some years before the DVD came out.