Zombie survivor set

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by killit, Feb 10, 2004.

1. killit

killit Active Member

Does anybody remember this release? I just keep thinking how I sholud have picked it up. It's the only set to release all the Zombie films in their european order. It's sort of bizarre but even though I know Zombi(dawn of the dead) is a sequel to night of the living dead. I still think of it as the first in a series of cool zombie movies that goes way beyond day of the dead. Instead of it ending there with day, it goes all the way to Zombie 5. Does anyone else feel this way about the series or would be interested in a similar region 1 set? The german release is way oop. right?

2. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I'm pretty sure Jason25 has the set, I think he might of reviewed it on his website:

www.eurohorrordvds.net

3. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I used to have this set about 6 months ago. Traded it though. The transfers were quite good, Zombie 4 is pretty bad though... filmt hat is. Zombie 3 a bit crappy too but I dig that flying zombie head. :)

4. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I quite like the set. If you want any pics or any info about it, just let me know.

5. killit

killit Active Member

Yeah, definately, I really want to pick up a set. Is Zombi 5 included? Some say yes and some say no.

6. this quite nice digipak features the following:

Zombie-Dawn Of The Dead Argento Cut (with Goblin Score; german and english DD5.1)
    Zombie-Dawn Of The Dead UFC (GERMAN ONLY!)
    Woodo-Die Schreckensinsel der Zombies (Zombi 2/Gli Ultimi Zombi, Lucio Fulci; german and english mono, GOOD picture!)
    Zombie 3 (Zombi 3, Fulci/Mattei; GERMAN ONLY!)
    Zombie 4 After Death (After Death, Fragasso; german and english DD2.0)
    Bonus DVD (mostly DAWN stuff, lots of german text... ;))

the "UFC" is the "Ultimate Final Cut" done by Oliver Krekel (Astro, Marketing, Cross Club) and quite... well.. useless. it features EVERYTHING he could get his hands on including the helicopter scene where this poor zombie bastard gets decapitated by the rotor etc etc, poor picture quality, clocking in at ca. 155mins... again, makes not much sense but it's nice to have it

have this box set in my private collection, it's a nice set but most of the films included are crap (IMHO of course...)

would have been nice to get a german boxset with the REAL trilogy (NIGHT/DAWN/DAY), but the licensing problems...

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Actually that helicopter scene is in the Theatrical Cut of DAWN. It's not like it's missing footage or anything, so why is it useless?

8. my failure, mixed this up... it's in the "Romero" cut but that was not officially available in europe where Argento did the theatrical cut.... the biggest problem is to just mix BOTH versions with different score and different pacing together just to have "everything" in one.... just ain't working