Zombie

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Demon Tech, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Demon Tech

Demon Tech Guest

Does anyone know if they are going to release this again?

2. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

god I hope but I have yet to see anything announced...

3. Demon Tech

Demon Tech Guest

Someone on alt.horror said that AB was going to put it out this year. I guess not.

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

i hate it when rumors get started and I get excited only to find out they are false. When it comes to AB....if its not on their website and they dont send anything to my company ....I dont believe it.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

It's being re-released soon, but it will just be a repressing of the shitty older disc because they were unable to get their hands on a good print to do a proper restoration.

6. Hi guys, I second Jeremy's post. I wrote Anchor Bay an e-mail about it a week ago and they said in return that the old edition is going to be reprinted early in 2002. :D

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

What they said.

According to DVDManiacs, the old Zombie disc will be re-released with a price tag of $14.99.

8. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Here's some info on ZOMBIE from the Anchor Bay chat at HTF on Sept. 18, 2001:

QUESTION - What has happened to the re-release of Zombie?

ANSWER - Currently we are not able to re-master ZOMBIE as we would have preferred to. However we are considering re-releasing the existing DVD at a lower price. Not the ideal alternative, but we are hoping this will be a positive one nonetheless.

QUESTION - about zombie. you've tell us that you can't re-release it cause you couldn't restore it as good as you would have want to... so my question is : is it possible to at least take the old transfer and make it an anamorphic one? is it something that can be done on the technical side?

ANSWER - Right now all I can say is that ZOMBIE can't be re-released to our liking for a variety of reasons. This doesn't mean it wont ever happen, just not in the near future.

Anchor Bay Chat - Home Theater Forum - Sept. 18, 2001

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I heard that an agreement was all set to go and then for some reason it fell through. I hope that Zombie can get a full fledged release through AB. A LE like The Beyond would be nice but a SE will do just fine as long as it isn't a bare bones release.

10. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Get the Woodoo PAL dvd.

11. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Yeah, get the Italian shock version. It is finally out.

12. dotgain37

dotgain37 Guest

Isn't the Woodoo release incorrectly framed? Like a 1.85:1 master matted to 2.35:1? Really don't know, just something I read...

Don't forget about the new release from Italian Shock. The rumor sais (and we all know what a great source that is) that it's the best release available. I know I'll give it a try... Anyone who's been able to get a copy?

BTW, I just saw a copy of the good ol' AB release on eBay...at $105.50! :D

13. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

well I've got the anchor bay dvd , but I might check out the Woodo pal dvd cause its not that much but the Japan shock is a must have! love the cover art!

14. melack

melack Guest

So this copyright prevents AB from getting a new transfer of Zombie, but still allows them to sell the title as long as it's the same poorly encoded disc they previously released? Doesn't sound quite right...

Didn't they take it out of print due to the embarrassing transfer?

15. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

This is mostly second-hand information here, so if anybody notices anything I report is incorrect, jump in.

The rights problem isn't with Anchor Bay having the rights to distribute ZOMBIE (there was a controversy with that earlier, but apparently it was settled), but with the rights surrounding the print they wanted to do the new transfer from. Apparently they were unable to work out a deal with the people who owned it so they still don't have any access to proper film elements.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I was really hoping for a new version of Zombie released through Ab but for now I guess we all will have to wait. But I really wanna go to Matool!!!:mad: :( ;) :) :D :cool: