Zombieland: Double Tap (October 18th, 2019)

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jul 25, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Trailer for the sequel Zombieland: Double Tap now available:

baggio, hots4, fceurich39 and 2 others like this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I may be one of the only people who wasn't a fan of rhe first, preferring the I'll fated series pilot episode, but I have to say it looks ok, I'm surprised they managed too get everyone back for this.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I stopped the trailer a minute in. The new character is embarrassingly bad. I may be jumping the gun, but this looks Bad Santa 2 awful.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

As far as belated sequels go, I thought Zombieland: Double Tap was pretty great! It doesn't really expand the world or throw any curveballs, it's basically just more of everything that worked about the first movie. If you're a fan of the first movie, I can't imagine this disappointing. A lot of belated sequels seem to struggle to recapture that magic, but I think this one made it look effortless.

The cast is back, and the chemistry is still there. The new characters are fun and relatively non-obtrusive, save for maybe Zoey Deutch who is a little bit extra here but still got a few laughs out of me nonetheless. As far as the zombies go, there are really three major action set-pieces, one every half-hour. The second one in particular I found to be the most fun, filmed mostly as a single take.

I keep saying I'm over zombie films, yet I loved both this and The Dead Don't Die. I've also never been a fan of Jesse Eisenberg, but after seeing him in both this and the outstanding dark comedy The Art Of Self-Defense this week, plus his eagerness to discuss Cursed on last week's Zombieland press tour, he's kind of winning me over.

Highly recommended, unless you hate fun.

Also, stick around for the end credits! There's more movie shortly after the credits start, and you DON'T want to miss it! It starts pretty quickly, so I imagine most people won't have had time to make it to the exit yet. There's also a cute little outtake after the end credits, but whether or not you want to stick around for it is up to you.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I watched this over the weekend and loved it, I wasn't a fan of the first, the horror took to much of a back seat for my liking, but they get all the ingredients right here.

The ditzy blonde was my favourite character, she made me smile every time she was on screen.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this one enough to see it twice in the theater. The first film is still my preference but it's a worthy sequel.