Zombieland: The Series has been canelled!

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchetwarrior, May 18, 2013.

1. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

Zombieland: The Series has been cancelled!

Talk about quick. Only a mere few weeks after premiering the pilot for the Zombieland series, based on the 2009 movie, on Amazon Instant, has been cancelled. I haven't had the chance to check it out, but, from the reviews, it doesn't seem worth while. Since the announcement, the series co-writer/executive producer Rhett Reese has taken to Twitter (sigh) to vent his feeling stating:

Wow, what a douche bag. It sucks the show didn't get a fair chance, but to shit all over "die hard Zombieland fans" for not liking it is incredibly egotistical and obnoxious.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  2. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Exactly why I don't watch tv anymore, almost everything these days is on a short leash and the series has no resolutions.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I can understand, from what it seems everyone shit on it from a great height and stopped the chances of it progressing, the problem with people on the internet, they seem to go to extremes, so while most people did not enjoy it, they probably wrote it was the worst fucking thing they had ever seen, I enjoyed it, to be honest, not amazing but with less than 30 mins to make an impression it did not have to much time, I was looking forward to see where it went.

4. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a douche bag.

I work in the film and television industry in Canada (which, in many ways, is far more dream crushing than the American film/television industry) and when you put your heart and soul into a project, only to have it crushed due to popular opinion and bandwagon-jumpers, you'd be pretty pissed off as well.

The general population, especially when near a computer, is a CUNT.

Pity this series didn't even have a chance. I wasn't a huge fan of the film, but I would have at least liked to check this series out.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

I always go into a new series expecting it to be canceled, especially on Fox. At one point I swore off trying new shows until they were a few seasons in. What a pleasant surprise to see the hilarious Bob's Burgers survive on Fox. I'm disappointed no blurays but can live with that.

6. Dave

Dave Pimp

I hope with places like Netflix and Amazon trying to produce their own shows, there is interest in keeping some series alive. Or, better yet, they create their own series that will thrive.

Imagine if we had multiple seasons of Freaks and Geeks? Too late now...

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

wait a minute...there are "die hard" Zombieland fans? really?

8. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I hated the Zombieland movie. I'll never understand for the love for it. It's not funny.

Woody is great as always and the opening credits are cool. About it for me.

I never gave the pilot a chance but everyone I talked to said it was terrible.

9. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

That was my thought as well, that's not a "die hard fans" kind of movie. I really liked Zombieland on my first viewing, liked it a bit less on my second and final viewing. It's pretty fun but it's really a one or two viewing movie in my opinion.

I watched the pilot but didn't vote for it or against it because I was that indifferent to it. I didn't vote immediately after viewing it and then after that I just completely forgot I had viewed it. Boring actors (though the girl was hot) and the whole episode was just "find a human who can help us, have them get attacked by zombies" over and over again. You can't do the same joke more than once in a 20 minute TV show, that's just shitty thinking. I will say watching the zombie run from the 76 gas station ball was great, but that's the only thing I remember enjoying.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I didn't realize it was free (or that it had even been released yet). I see they've got the pilot on there. I might give it a try.

Even though it was cancelled, are they going to be adding the rest of the episodes? They filmed more than one, didn't they?

11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

no, that was the whole point of this.

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Weird, most shows usually have the first couple episodes in the can before the pilot debuts. No wonder it didn't work out then.

13. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

On a related but different note, don't you think being able to watch a whole season at once like Netflix is doing with brand new Netflix shows, makes the wait for the next season excruciatingly long?

14. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

my wife and i typically wait and buy a show on dvd, then watch it over a week/weekend. then wait a year until the next season is released. so yes, that year is a looooong time to wait. but we love watching the episodes consecutively, so its worth it.

15. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Totally agree!

For you guys asking about more eps. I believe they only did a pilot. Amazon Prime did a bunch of pilots and are letting people vote for what they want to be a series. I've only watched this and Supanatural (which was awful!).

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait a minute: Somebody actually produced a tv pilot called "Supanatural"? Now THAT would be downright confusing. At least wait until Supernatural is off the air before riding it's coattails. Sheesh.

Although really, Supernatural could go on forever at this point. If Ackles and Padeleki ever call it quits I hope they opt to continue with a spinoff series called Men of Letters.

But never mind with my off topic-ness. Back to the discussion at hand.

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2584172/?ref_=sr_1

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'm glad this didn't work out, as I still have hope we will get a sequel to the film. Wasn't it pretty successful? Surprised they didn't jump on and make a sequel a while ago, especially with Emma Stone's recent success.

19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

$75,590,286 Domestic gross vs. an estimated budget of $23,600,000 according to IMDB.

20. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Amazon TV, Youtube TV, Netflix. Fuck off already. Internet just isn't there yet. Want proof? People are pissing their pants over the new Xbox wanting to be connected at all times.

When I just want to relax on the couch and flick on the tv...
    I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING WATCH FUCKING TV FUCKING SHOWS ON MY FUCKING COMPUTER. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO STREAM! I DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD TO HDD! FUCK RIGHT OFFFFFF!!!!

I probably would have bothered to check out the stupid Zombieland show had it been on regular TV.