Zombies! Game

Discussion in 'General' started by Shannafey, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Anyone here ever play this?

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/zombies/

I played it at a convention with a bunch of people and was immediately hooked. I picked it up and my kids and I have been playing non-stop. Got my wife involved tonight as well. FUN GAME!!

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Sounds fun!

3. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

Good presentation and cool bits, but the game (in its various 10 expansion incarnations) gets rather old fast.

A better (but still not stellar) take on the theme is Last Night On Earth.

4. Shannafey

Yeah, I wanted to try that one too, but it is a bit expensive!! If I find a cheap set, I might grab it. I had a 20% off at the comic store and used it for Zombies! I have another 20% off coupon at another comic store. Maybe I can use it there and grab that one. I can see where the game can get old fast and that is why they're constantly putting out expansions, but the expansions really don't change the game a lot. Right now, I'm loving it!

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Awesome game. Don't even hesitate to buy it. A definite crowd pleaser for whom hours of gameplay is a good thing.

6. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I enjoyed this one, but haven't played it in forever. Definitely worth a purchase if you're into games.

7. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

i have never heard of this. Is it a board game?

8. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

9. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

Another vote for Last Night on Earth. I don't know what your idea of expensive is, but it can be found at stores like thoughthammer.com for less than $40. And, while they are nice, you certainly don't need all the expansions.

It is a lot of fun. Particularly if you look at it less as a board game about winning and just have fun with the narrative. The last time I played it, the busty nurse got her hands on a cleaver and went on a killing spree. We still lost the game, but we had a blast making up lines for her as she ran around the board hacking zombies. So, I'd say that it really does capture the feeling of a "DeadAlive" or "Shawn of the Dead" quite well.

10. Shannafey

Okay, I'm definitely picking it up!! Unfortunately I don't have a bunch of gaming buddies. I play games with my wife and 2 kids and I knew that zombies would actually be fun for them, but Last Night on Earth, I don't know!! But it sounds too awesome, not to buy!!

11. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I saw Last Night on Earth a while back and was interested in buying it- now reading this and seeing it has since come down in price I decided to order it off Amazon for me and my son to try playing- he is 14 so I hope he likes it and I hope its still fun to play with only 2 players.

12. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

While it is good, I do have to admit that I haven't tried playing with just two. But I would confidently say that it is more fun with at least 3 people. One person always has to control the zombies. Part of the fun is trying to work together with others against the one person.

If you want a similarly themed game that is better for two people I'd recommend "Touch of Evil" from the same company. In that one, no person controls the "bad" side.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

a friend of mine has this, but we've never played. he's of the same opinion as was mentioned earlier - a good game that gets old a little fast. hes really into these non-board board games though, and every now and then we get together with some other friends and play munchkin or dominion. not horror-based, really, but a hell of a lot of fun. and those two (particularly dominion) don't get old at all.

14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Cool thread! I have Zombies! It's true it does get a little stale fast. It's easy to alter the rules a tad to make it more fun. I haven't played for a while but I think at one point we did away with the cards and made it purely about the exploration. Anytime you found the store, you got your bullets back and I think we always had the gas can in the same spot too.

15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I find that the expansion packs can keep it fresh. You need a big enough group, a family of four is good enough. But that also makes it longer. My gf never wants to try just one on one.