Zombie's HALLOWEEN teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by indiephantom, Apr 7, 2007.

1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

2. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Hmmmm................

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I've watched it like 20 times tonight. The trailer looks great to me. I am really getting hyped for this movie, and there's so long to wait. Damn it.

4. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

It looks like it might be fun. I can't deny that I'm kinda curious to see Zombie's take on some of the classic moments in the original. The trailer works pretty well, methinks.

5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I'm really digging the female cast. All the chicks look pretty hot, especially Harris, of course.

6. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

that looks great. despite some of the negative feedback on the script, i have good faith in rob that he has made a great movie. i like how they cast a basically unknown actress, scout taylor compton, to play laurie strode instead of some shitty paris hilton wannabe. she was very good in Wicked Little Things, and that girl can really scream and cry! i can't wait for this sucker

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Is this trailer on grindhouse heard it is

8. Adam13

Adam13 Guest

i can't wait.....

9. Fidochippy

Fidochippy Guest

Am I the only one here who feels this trailer is not so good, kinda crappy if you ask me.

Makes me worried that all of you are so hyped.

10. Slow

Slow Guest

Yeah you are the only one jumping on that oh it's a remake I'll trash the trailer even though it's good bandwagon for now.

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

It looks good, but I could do without all the shakiness and the stupid jump scare at the end of the trailer.

12. scrybe

scrybe Guest

A friend of mine worked on it, and it sounds pretty cool. i don't think i would have been interested if it hadn't been for hearing such good things about the 'updating'....

13. rijir

rijir Member

Speaking of female cast....Didn't young Michael look like a girl?

That aside it does look good so far. I'm interested again.

14. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

Just got back from seeing Grindhouse. Excellent movie. However, I for one, found Rob Zombie's trailer the weakest of the bunch.

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

It makes you wonder what kind of movie Zombie is remaking, with that scare and the mask and all. A little more butcher knife, a little less chainsaw, please.

Despite a hatred for REJECTS, I'll still give Zombie the benefit of the doubt and see this one when it comes out. Interesting that the opening kill seems to forgo any subjective camera work, if the trailer is any indication. I always wandered what Mikey looked like going up those stairs...With a template as simple and effective as HALLOWEEN's though, it would be pretty tough for Zombie to fuck this up with referential side characters and chicken fucking Sid Haig nonsense.

Getting to see Danielle was nice, and hopefully that will keep her career alive a little longer. Even if the mask looks like a Leatherface hand-me-down, and the visibility of the eyes goes totally against the whole "blackest eyes...the devil's eyes" mantra of the original, I'm still hoping the subject matter will keep the whole thing level. We'll see I guess.

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'm down.

17. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Looks sweet, gotta say.

I liked that he referred to him as a psychopath, that was cool.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  18. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Been saying this for months, ha ha.

19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Zombie's HALLOWEEN trailer preceded GRINDHOUSE when I saw it today.He also shot one of the fake trailers between the two GRINDHOUSE segments.

20. I doubt the crappy jump scare at the end of the trailer was Zombie's doing. There's a crappy jump scare at the end of almost EVERY horror trailer these days. I thought the trailer was weak, but only in the sense that it struck me as constructed like most crappy horror trailers these days. The actual footage from the film looked good to me.