Zombie's HALLOWEEN teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by indiephantom, Apr 7, 2007.

1. shift

shift Hot as shit!

well I wanted to say it looks good, but comon with all these remakes... for god sake directors and writers,,,,WTF?!?!?!

2. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Well thats what i'm saying at least its not script for script, shot for shot, etc. Its a reimagining which I don't mind because it doesn't step on the original. To be honest i'm not too bothered they're restarting it because some of the continuity over the 8 movies is terrible.

3. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Thank you! I was like "Wth...of all the font colors to choose from, why vibrant Spring Green?!?"

In addition, whenever I see the Dimension logo in front of a Halloween film, I automatically start wincing out of muscle memory from past hurts.

So, the trailer is pretty crap. Awful narration, a grandiose mission statement that would have been better left unsaid, and way too many reveals.

Taking the shots alone, and out of the context of the trailer, I found much to like actually. However, I also found so many shots mirroring the original (the bed sheet gag, the head tilt, the asylum escape, etc etc), that now I'm really wondering how much of a revision, beyond the backstory, that this film will be.

I'm still excited, but admittedly thrown off by how much the film seems to follow the original. I wasn't expecting that.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  4. rhett

rhett Administrator

After seeing Rob zombify the great concept of his grindhouse trailer to a standstill, I am anticipating this even less. If you can screw up Nic Cage screaming in a Fu Manchu beard, then a movie that's already been done before isn't even a safe bet.

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

No one screwed up Nicolas Cage in a Fu Manchu beard. I am still laughing my at that. THIS IS MY MECCA!

Or, in QT girl's speak, I am still shrieking my motherfucking Vanishing Point watching skinny thrillseeking fine man biting on my big juicy plump ass over that, BITCH! **Hangs pedicured feet out of car window**

At this point, I am just glad QT isn't directing the remake of Halloween.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  6. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

I just thought the trailer was bland. I am hugely disappointed that the remake isn't shot in scope format, because one of the key elements that made the original work so well was the wide frame compositions and seeing Michael pop up at the edge of the frame. But considering that it's a "reimagining", I guess that can be forgiven.

I sort of don't want to see the remake because of the pumped-up backstory and the way that the film is lit (some of the classic scenes seem way too overlit). To me, villains are much more frightening when you don't know why they're the way they are.

However, I want to see the remake as to how it'll reinterpret the scenes from the original -- the classic chase scene, the Myers bedsheet gag, Mike bursting in through the closet. But... if the remake is cut in the way the teaser is (music video style), I will kill somebody. Slow, deliberate editing works much better in the case of horror movies.

But if the remake is profitable, then I eagerly welcome the remake of Halloween II -- the original followup was okay but should've been much better in terms of plot.

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yeah i guess some theaters had halloween remake teaser before grindhouse not mine though bummer so just downloaded it on youtube it looks pretty good can't wait my main fear was they were totally gonna have a different type of halloween mask for michael but this just looks like the original just with some dirt sigh

8. adric

adric New Member

there was one scene in the trailer where the girl is hobbling down the road and michael is just walking behind her following. that got me pumped for it

9. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

that girl would be laurie strode

10. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

yea that was cool, reminded me of part 6 when michael is walking down the hospital hallway, the lights are white, his mask is white, its an awesome setting

11. Doesn't look too bad at all. Devil Rejects was a HUGE improvement for him (as a director). This looks like it could be fun after all. I STILL beleive the 1st Halloween shouldn't have been remade (I would've preferred a prequel, but then there's the eternal argument that THAT would be boring).

I'll be wanting to see this in a theatre!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  12. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

uggh, just read the script and if it's real, which i think it is, this movie isn't going to be very good. the death scenes are very boring and some of the dialogue is very tacky. michael talks in it a lot, both when he's young and in the present day, which SUCKS. he says the same thing in the present day though, but it's still dumb. i did however like the first half which is about his life as a kid, some pretty disturbing shit happens here. also the ending was kinda cool. i dunno i guess we'll just have to wait and see, maybe what i read was an early draft or something. hopefully rob will pull though and produce a great finished product.

13. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Michael talks? Oh shit, Rhett called it...

14. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

he says "boo" over and over. it was laurie's nickname as a baby

15. Slow

Slow Guest

actually no he doesn't talk once he's an adult...the script that is floating around is the earliest draft Zombie wrote and huge hunks of it have been redone. If people would actually read about the film online and research a bit more they'd know that instead of panicking over nonsense. Zombie has said in interviews AFTER that script was leaked "Michael didn't talk in the original and he doesn't talk in this one."

16. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

lol, ok talking or no talking it still doesn't change the fact that other parts of the script still suck IMO, but like i said we'll just have to wait and see the finished product

17. Slow

Slow Guest

Good stance to have cause I've heard that at least half of the script was overhauled.

18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Everyone's got that finger a little too close to the panic button. Halloween fanboys and people who just hate Rob Zombie no matter are going to die en masse before the movie even opens.

Hmmm.

19. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Get ready for an hour and a half music video.

20. Slow

Slow Guest

Very profound.