Zombies: The Living Dead

Discussion in 'General' started by thrashard76, Apr 10, 2002.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

With all the news focused on the Night Of...The Millennium Edition & a possible Dawn Of... 3 DVD Set, I can't help but wonder if any movie companies (Anchor Bay, Elite, Shriek Show) have any plans to release more definitive versons of

1. Day Of The Dead
    2. Night Of The Dead (1990)

Has anyone heard whether or not any of these companies will release Special Editions, uncut, with extras and both wide and full screen capabilities? :rolleyes:

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

First official release of the Day Of The Dead soundtrack on CD.

Title: US Original Motion Soundtrack
    CD Format: CD
    Publisher: Numenorean
    Music Code: NMCD 001

Information: Released in 2002, the first official release of the Day of the Dead soundtrack on CD. It contains the original tracks, and also an addition 5 bonus music and effect tracks. The CD also includes a 12 page booklet with some information from John Harrison and Romero regarding the score. Limited Edition of 3000.

[​IMG]

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/day/memorabilia/soundtracks/5.html

3. Dave

Dave Pimp

NOTLD 90 is already a nice special edition. I can't imagine Columbia Tri-Star revisiting it, nor would I want them to when they have other titles that need to be released.

4. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

NOTLD is a great DVD, but it would be very very nice having the MPAA cut scenes reinserted. They had them on the doco, but pretty poor quality.

5. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I have to agree with Dave on this, NOTLD 90 is a killer dvd already. They have too much stuff in the back catalog to think about before doing another release of this movie.

Those cut scenes were okay...but I think the movie flowed better without any over the top gore.

Rest assured Thrashard, if anybody at this site had any Special Edition news about the Romero films, it will be posted. I dont think anybody would fail to mention that.

6. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I wouldn't mind a new remastered 16:9 special edition of "Day Of The Dead", great film.

7. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

:cool:

8. MonsterMan

MonsterMan Guest

Anchor Bay will be releasing 3 disc limited edition sets of 'DAWN' and 'DAY' later this year featuring a bonus 3rd soundtrack disc (similar to last year's SUSPIRIA release). Other features are not known.

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Dawn & Day 3 DVD Sets: LE with Soundtracks each???

Hmm...I'd heard about the 3 disk version of Dawn (coming out sometime later this year or sometime next year) but nothing on Day. Also, I didn't know about any limited editions with soundtracks included...where did you hear about this MonsterMan?:rolleyes:

10. MonsterMan

MonsterMan Guest

I emailed Anchor Bay back in January in regards to the DAWN special edition. The rep. told me that it will include a bonus 3rd disk soundtrack and he is not liable to list the others features. I also posed a brief question for the rest of the DEAD series and he said that DAY is getting a similar 3 disc set featuring the soundtrack since both soundtracks are tough to find.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Rock on! \nn/

12. highdef

highdef Guest

thrashard76, who has the DAY OF THE DEAD soundtrack for sale?
    I've searched several big CD e-tailers and no one has it. Thanks.

13. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

http://www.numenoreanmusic.com

14. highdef

highdef Guest

Thanks for the site info. I ordered my copy the other day.