Zombies!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Aug 7, 2003.

1. The Joker

The Joker Guest

Wassup all!!! I just stumbled across this book:

[​IMG]

From a reviewer:

"...Oh we're talking all kinds here. From the Italian Zombie movie to sub-genres you might not have known existed (Underwater Zombies, Nazi Zombies, Blind Templar Monk Zombies). Dr. Dendle explores them all from White Zombie (movie where Rob Zombie got his band name) to Night of the Living Dead and beyond. It's tongue-in-cheek and helpful, including information on video avalibility. And yes indeed, he does have a video collection to die for..."

Damn!!!! Makes me wonder how many zombie flicks we've never seen!!!!! :eek:

Anyone interested in ordering the book or getting more info, check out this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786408596/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_f/002-1816752-0235245

The Joker

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I've always wanted this book but it's too damn expensive for me. Isn't it like $35 on Amazon?? :eek:

3. The Joker

The Joker Guest

yep ryan I think it is, check ebay ;)

The Joker

4. The Joker

The Joker Guest

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
  6. worsel

worsel New Member

It isn't all that great a buy unless you are a zombie completist or extremely curious. It is hardcover and the overall feel is like a textbook. The capsule reviews are nice but sparce and as the review states, there is a lot of information such as run time that is missing. They do have alternate titles for the films as well. Omitted from the book are the evil dead films and I believe the demoni films, because they don't fit in with the zombie profile Dendle has set. Not too glaring but they fit better than some of the movies which are in the book because they simply have the word zombie in the title. Other than that it does cover just about every zombie movie in existence though its out of date now unless they reprint it. In that case it could have benefitted from extra pages to add your own reviews or movie list. If you can find the book cheap, say 15 or less go for it, but for 30 dollars you can get better books and more of them like Jay Slater's Eaten Alive.