PDA

View Full Version : Most consistently obnoxious Ad campaigns

maybrick
02-02-2003, 02:01 AM
There are some companies that for some reason or another, no matter how they market their product, always seem to put me in a foul mood and actually succeed in doing the complete opposite of what they're supposed to. That is, persuade me to go someplace else if I want a burger, or sandwich, or computer. Which ad campaigns out of the choices above do you despise the most?

zombi3
02-02-2003, 02:22 AM
Dell computers, hands down. Hotels.com is a close second.

DefJeff
02-02-2003, 03:50 AM
i chose 1-800-collect cuz i HATE carrot top

Eddie Quist
02-02-2003, 04:07 AM
I voted for Subway.

I just can't stand that Josh geek, or whatever the hell is name is... I just want to tie him down and endlessly force-feed him fat free subs until he implodes, like the guy from SEVEN.

John
02-02-2003, 04:16 AM
1-800-COLLECT

Subway was a close second.

betterdan
02-02-2003, 05:23 AM
1800 collect sucks so bad with that fag carrot crotch or whatever his name is.

thrashard76
02-02-2003, 06:36 AM
1-800 Collect sucks brother and the Dell commercials suck too.
:fire: Screw you Steven I don't wanna Dell.

mcchrist
02-02-2003, 09:40 AM
OLD NAVY!

Good job! I was actually going to post something along these lines a few months back, but never bothered. Thanks!

rhett
02-02-2003, 10:04 AM
I hate those stupid SUBWAY commercials with Jarrod. Okay, you lost weight, good for you, but GET OVER IT!

the.wicked.one
02-02-2003, 03:16 PM
1-800-COLLECT.

I purposely change the channel everytime it comes on.

maybrick
02-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Great answers so far guys!

I chose Subway, not only because of Jarrod, but because of this other commercial they're airing now with two bisexual girls "who like it hot". Was that line really necessary? Hands down, Subway commercials are the only ones that come close to bringing me to the point of hunting down those responsible and strangling them to death with my bare hands.

I hate Pepsi because of the Britney Spears ads, but especially for the one featuring Bob Dole.

Stephen and the Dell Apprentices all must die!!!! (nuff said!)

Another commercial that's been driving me out of my gourd lately is for Sci Fi Channel's "The Dream Team". I think it's the insipid background music and the overall monotony of the ads, but also that I can't seem to find any channels that aren't airing the damn things!

Joel Groce
02-02-2003, 07:43 PM
I despise the commercials and their whole ad campaign - how is it that this was successful - I really don't have a finger on the pulse of the masses and marketing is a tool I just don't understand...

1-800-COLLECT is annoying, but at least there are hot chicks to look at...but I really liked it when Alyssa Milano was doing them - god did she grow up!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jamm
02-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Definitely Dell, even the new ones without Steven.

I think the new Pepsi Twist commercial with the Osbournes is an absolute riot. I almost peed my pants the first time I saw it (I was so stoned that first time and I did literally laugh so hard that I couldn't breathe!!!), and I still laugh each time it comes on.

Paff
02-03-2003, 07:38 PM
Thankfully we won't have to deal with them anymore, but the NFL was actually beginning to make me hate Don Cheadle, one of my favorite actors.

Eddie Quist
02-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Paff
Thankfully we won't have to deal with them anymore, but the NFL was actually beginning to make me hate Don Cheadle, one of my favorite actors.

Yeah, why is Cheadle wasting his time with this?? Didn't this guy have a hot movie career?

Those ads are something Orlando Jones, or somebody, should be doing..... That reminds me, those fucking 7up ads with Orlando Jones!! Ugh, I hated them!! I hate Orlando Jones! I'm glad those are off the air. :fire: :fire:

rxfiend
02-04-2003, 01:55 AM
1800collect.

i would also say 1800callatt.

:fire: phone company ads

nofxafi
02-05-2003, 07:30 AM
The f'n Levi's (or at least jeans) commercial w/ the stampeding bulls thru the city....annoying the fuck out of me lately.

hell ya!
02-05-2003, 06:49 PM
:fire: :fire: :fire: Subway

ekent
02-05-2003, 06:56 PM
I voted for other which is...

That stupid ass wrangler jeans ad where the guy and the girl are standing while the buffalo herd runs by them. OMG what a stupid fucking ad, yoke that shit off the air at once!

mcchrist
02-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Seconded on the Wrangler jeans commercial, but I want to throw one more in as I've had it! RED BULL, my god!!!

Eddie Quist
02-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Red Lobster ads usually get on my nerves, too... Not into watching annoying people stuff their faces.

Can we agree that commercials suck in general? :D

MapleBob
02-08-2003, 03:52 AM
I voted for the 1-800-COLLECT, then I was reminded of the stupid buffalo commercial, then whoever said Red Lobster reminded me that the ones I hate the most are any commercials featuring ribs where the actors can't find their mouths, the paper towel commercial being the current worst one.

Seeing those make me loose my appetite. :mad:

Now that I think about it, that commercial where the brat is gargling chocolate syrup and milk is really sickening.:eek2:

Oh, and all of the truth.com commercials make me want to start smoking again and seek those people and flood their lungs with my second hand smoke.

If they really want truth, I'll force feed it to them!:fire:

Oh, and then the Mac "switch" commercials bug me too. I'm seriously considering getting a Mac for my next rig, but those commercials don't tell me anything. I want to know I'll be able to play Duke Nukem Forever and well as do cool things with my photos. I don't want to get a rig so I can feel morall superior to people who use MS, or whatever. I want to get a rig to do what I want to do with it

And what I want to do on my computer is whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.

Is that so hard???? :glasses:

Eddie Quist
02-08-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by MapleBob
I voted for the 1-800-COLLECT, then I was reminded of the stupid buffalo commercial, then whoever said Red Lobster reminded me that the ones I hate the most are any commercials featuring ribs where the actors can't find their mouths, the paper towel commercial being the current worst one.

Seeing those make me loose my appetite. :mad:

Now that I think about it, that commercial where the brat is gargling chocolate syrup and milk is really sickening.:eek2:

Oh, and all of the truth.com commercials make me want to start smoking again and seek those people and flood their lungs with my second hand smoke.

If they really want truth, I'll force feed it to them!:fire:

Oh, and then the Mac "switch" commercials bug me too. I'm seriously considering getting a Mac for my next rig, but those commercials don't tell me anything. I want to know I'll be able to play Duke Nukem Forever and well as do cool things with my photos. I don't want to get a rig so I can feel morall superior to people who use MS, or whatever. I want to get a rig to do what I want to do with it

And what I want to do on my computer is whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.

Is that so hard???? :glasses:

You said a mouthful there, man ;)

mcchrist
02-08-2003, 09:14 AM

No shit! Who the hell do they think they are anyway? Another set of PSA's that drive me up the fucking wall are those Marijuana... Harmless? ads!!!! My god!!! I don't even smoke pot anymore, but I wish I had a joint for every time they piss me off!

zombi3
02-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mcchrist
Another set of PSA's that drive me up the fucking wall are those Marijuana... Harmless? ads!!!! My god!!! I don't even smoke pot anymore, but I wish I had a joint for every time they piss me off!

Did you find the "moral loophole"?:D

Mattster
02-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Geico. Someone needs to stomp on that fucking gecko.

bigdaddyhorse
02-09-2003, 12:31 AM
I had to other, and by other I mean 1-800-CALL-ATT ads with Carrotfuck. That dude has never been funny. I noticed a few mentioned him when voting for the 1-800-COLLECT ads, but those are the dumb shit with fucking ALF, and a close second. At least I've gotten a small laugh at a few of those, and those Alysia Milano ones were'rt hard on the eyes.
Fuck all phone companies. I wanna bash that shithead from Sprint's ads in everytime I see him. clear calls my ass, as a Sprint customer I can call straight bullshit on that.:bs: The only reason I'm still with em is cuz all cell phones suck, and I have made them buy me 5 new phones over the last 2-3 years.
That faggot for Verizon should walk off a fucking cliff and ask "can you hear me know" as he falls to his much desereved death!

I think I've vented enough now, and I do fire up a bowl everytime one of those bullshit marijuna ads comes on! Sorry I blew up the trade center, you fucking lying sacks of shit! For the record, I've never been in a car accident while high or drunk (driving only, my dumbass friends back in school are another story), but have totaled 2 cars sober. You want me high when I drive!
Peace,
Dave

maybrick
02-09-2003, 01:09 AM
COLLECT, CALLATT, whatever, they're all the same and all equally obnoxious. I myself was thinking of Carrottop when I added it to the list. Whether you're thinking of Carrottop, Alf, Alyssa Milano, or some dipshit sportsguy, just list it under the 1800 Collect, okay?

KillerCannabis
02-09-2003, 02:30 AM
Subway for me. Everytime I see one of those ad's with "Jarrod" I want to ram a fucking knife into his sternum. Then I'd cut his balls off and feed them to him so he can choke on his protein diet.

Mark Relford
02-09-2003, 06:10 AM
Seconded on the Wrangler jeans commercial, but I want to throw one more in as I've had it! RED BULL, my god!!!

It gives you wings!:p

mcchrist
02-09-2003, 09:03 AM
WINGS MY ASS!!!

Broken
02-10-2003, 03:36 PM
All of the above.

mcchrist
02-10-2003, 09:03 PM
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/images/prop%20posters/prohibition-sm.jpg

I think I've vented enough now, and I do fire up a bowl everytime one of those bullshit marijuna ads comes on! Sorry I blew up the trade center, you fucking lying sacks of shit! For the record, I've never been in a car accident while high or drunk (driving only, my dumbass friends back in school are another story), but have totaled 2 cars sober. You want me high when I drive!

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/12_02/images/mot-posters-friendship.jpg

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/12_02/images/mot-posters-honest.jpg

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/12_02/images/mot-posters-solace.jpg

EPKJ
02-14-2003, 04:40 PM
I voted Other. I hate the sanctimonious anti-smoking ads on television, which believe that lying is the best policy.

MapleBob
03-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by EPKJ
I voted Other. I hate the sanctimonious anti-smoking ads on television, which believe that lying is the best policy.

Hear! Hear!

I think I posted elsewhere on this thread that those ads make me want to take up smoking again and blow second hand smoke all over truth.org, or whoever they are.

moogong
03-24-2003, 05:11 PM
I hate Jared and I hate Carrot Top so it was pretty hard. 1 800 Collect got the vote simply because Carrot Top made a shitty ass movie called "Chairman of the Board" and I had to read a blurb about it in People magazine. 7 seconds of my life I will never get back.

slasher vorhees
03-27-2003, 03:00 AM
subway, whats up with that stupid song clay henry who gives a damn if you lost weight he "got real big on burgers and fries now hes down to a smaller size".Ugh i got it stuck in my head ive heard so many times.

Grim
03-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Jerrad is still a geek, no matter how much weight he loses.:D

mcchrist
03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
THE TRUTH MY ASS!!!

blairmonster
03-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by maybrick
I chose Subway, not only because of Jarrod, but because of this other commercial they're airing now with two bisexual girls "who like it hot". Was that line really necessary?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed this!

Morbid Child
04-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by EPKJ

I second that ..

But the cig commercials dont piss me off as much as anti weed comercials do (its illegal already quit trying to remind us of how bad it is :fuck: ) ..Thats why i love Freddy's Dead (because he beats one of those pussy's with a frying pan :evil: )

Mortis
04-09-2003, 09:16 AM
When I took Psych in school, the teacher told me they did an experiment like that in town (Pittsburgh). They had some people ask for money to feed their kids, etc., but there were others who were asking for money for beer. He said the people asking for money for beer totally killed and made a ton of money, where as the others didn't get much.

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/12_02/images/mot-posters-honest.jpg

Mortis
04-09-2003, 09:18 AM
One of the commercials I've started to hate are those fucking "Zoom! Zoom!" commercials. For some reason I want to slap that little bastard. Another one that I hate is that new Subway commercial where the two assholes are on the bus and make it seem like they get commision for making people go in to buy hoagies.

mcchrist
04-09-2003, 09:24 AM
those "Zoom! Zoom!" commercials really get me. Makes me want to take a baseball bat to someone.

Shannafey
04-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Nothing beats A T & T's ads!! First they have David Arquette, and now they sunk even lower with Carrot Head!!

And, yes, I thought I was the only one who hated the Zoom Zoom commercials. It does make you want to take a baseball bat out and...

Mortis
04-09-2003, 09:11 PM
It's not bad enough that it goes "Zoom! Zoom!", but that fucking song. Argh!

Morbid Child
04-11-2003, 07:40 PM
I realy hate Ford truck comercials :fuck:

bigdaddyhorse
04-11-2003, 09:44 PM
I cast a vote for TNT's hyping of the movies they play everyday for a weekend straight.
3 times the action
3 times the drama
3 times the ....
Like the fucking movie is gonna be different every night!
Who the fuck are they aiming these ads at? Most be the mentally challeged!
Plus they pull that shit in the middle of basketball games, while motherfuckers are shooting free throws. It's bad enough their comm. breaks are almost 8 minutes each, then they keep pushing their shit during the shows you are watching, when you just saw the comm. 2 times during the last break!
FUCK TNT!