PDA

View Full Version : Favorite BOOGIE NIGHTS Character


Hellbilly
02-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Still my most watched & favorite P.T. Anderson flick.
Gotta favorite Boogie Nights character?

moogong
02-05-2003, 07:58 PM
I went with Reed Rothchild...aka Chest Rockwell. My second favorite was Little Bill's wife...played nicely by porn legend Nina Hartley.:D :D

Paff
02-05-2003, 08:27 PM
You should remove the "Other" and replace it with "All"

Boogie Nights is one of my all time favorite movies, and every character is classic. Most importantly, every single character is VERY multi-dimensional.

I went with Jack Horner, maybe only because Burt Reynolds got seriously screwed for his Oscar. And that only happened because a comic actor did a serious role for once (Robin Williams in Good Will Humping).

So many classic lines in this movie.

"This is HIGH FIDELITY. It means, this is the highest quality.....fidelity"

"I don't want it loud. I want it mellow"

"People tell me I look like Han Solo"

"Feel feel feel.....feel my heat"

"I'm gonna ask you one last time....Where the fuck is Rico?!"

"13 inches, I don't treat you gentle"

moogong
02-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Paff
You should remove the "Other" and replace it with "All"

Boogie Nights is one of my all time favorite movies, and every character is classic. Most importantly, every single character is VERY multi-dimensional.

I went with Jack Horner, maybe only because Burt Reynolds got seriously screwed for his Oscar. And that only happened because a comic actor did a serious role for once (Robin Williams in Good Will Humping).

So many classic lines in this movie.

"This is HIGH FIDELITY. It means, this is the highest quality.....fidelity"

"I don't want it loud. I want it mellow"

"People tell me I look like Han Solo"

"Feel feel feel.....feel my heat"

"I'm gonna ask you one last time....Where the fuck is Rico?!"

"13 inches, I don't treat you gentle"

Do you have the soundtrack? It's got Feel My Heat on it...I laugh my ass off every time I hear it.

Eddie Quist
02-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Now THIS is a great poll!! :banana: Dedicated to one of my all-time favorite movies...

I voted for Amber Waves, because I was really moved by the character and really felt for her. Julianne Moore is great in the role, and she'e also really foxy!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

My runner-up was Dirk... The guy's such a moron, you just can't help but love him. :D

Paff
02-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Quist
My runner-up was Dirk... The guy's such a moron,

Don't you say that! Don't call me stupid! I can do something! You don't know!! I'll do something!!

John
02-05-2003, 11:51 PM
I love Rollergirl. My favorite male character is Reed Rothchild. John C Reilly was AWESOME in the role.

Coverdale
02-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Reed Rothchild...
Tough choice, though...this is one of the best ensemble casts of the '90s (and my first DVD I ever bought back in 2000!)

Hellbilly
02-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Paff
Don't you say that! Don't call me stupid! I can do something! You don't know!! I'll do something!!
:lol:
Eddie's Mom was also great, I should have listed her *sigh*

KillerCannabis
02-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Brock Landers himself..... Markie Mark. I felt the rest of the cast did an excellent job acting, but his character just owned the screen everytime he appeared.

Paff
02-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Hellbilly
Eddie's Mom was also great, I should have listed her *sigh*

I love that scene because the argument is so juvenile and realistic. It's a refreshing change from similar scenes that are scripted to be poetic, but totally unrealistic (to be fair, a lot of my favorite writer/directors, Kevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino, et al, are very guilty of this). Plus, it has the great segue of Eddie's mom slamming the door combined with Jack Horner opening the door.

Let's add some more great quotes...

"I'm a simple man, I like butter in my ass"

"Aren't you scared about all the evil forces?"

"I have a look. My look is Chocolate Love"

"I'm Rollergirl! Don't you disrespect me!"

"I'll just die if I don't get something in my mouth soon"

"Jack tells me you have a giant cock. May I see it?"

"So what do you want to be, Eddie from Alhambra?"

"MP, YP, I don't know the jargon. But the magic on those tapes belongs to us!"

"My wife is in the driveway with an ass in her cock" (yes, that's the way it's said in the movie)

Jack: "Rollergirl, go over there and sit next to Eddie"
Rollergirl: "Are we gonna fuck?"
Jack: "Oh yeah"
Rollergirl: "Here we go. You ready?"

rhett
02-07-2003, 10:30 AM
I love all the characters in this movie (and, well, every PT Anderson movie), but I have to go with the majority here. Reed is awesome.

The whole bench pressing scene gets me rolling in the aisles every time.

Coverdale
02-07-2003, 06:38 PM
"The whole bench pressing scene gets me rolling in the aisles every time."

"You go first..."
"No you..."


:D

Zodiac-Mindwarp
02-07-2003, 09:52 PM
This movie has such a great cast, that it is a very hard choice.

I finally had to vote for Amber Waves. It was such a great part for Julianne Moore.

Of course she was also the sexiest woman in the movie. :D

hell ya!
02-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Dirk Diggler :banana: :banana:

Broken
02-10-2003, 04:32 PM
I picked Roller Girl and then the red head. MMMMmmmmmm.