PDA

View Full Version : Down To Hell DVD!!!!

robman795
02-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey Guys,
I just woke up an hour or so ago and I was browsing some web-sites and I saw that the fine people at the yum yum anime dvd site are now selling Down To Hell subbed!!! Lets just say I orderd it right away. Also here's the link

http://yumyumanime.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IAALAD&Product_Code=DTH&Category_Code=LAJF

Lindane
02-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Your a good man robman. Iv'e been waiting for this one. It's the supposed prequel to Versus right? Fuck yea!! I'm psyched like a beeeeeaaaaaaaatttttttccccchhhhhh!!:banana: :banana:

robman795
02-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Thanks Lindane.:D The Yum Yum site says this about the movie.
__________________________________________________ _
Down to Hell was one of the first movies directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. It depicts the horrifying experience of men who participate in a manhunt in a remote forest. The game is simple, you either run, or you die. But this time the game goes seriously wrong, and the participates get more then they bargained for with their latest victim.

Down To Hell was a straight to video title in Japan, it's low budget, and looks low budget. But it shows that Ryuhei Kitamura is very talented director even when he first started. It has many of the same elements that Versus contains, just on a lower scale.

Versus was originally going to be called Down To Hell 2, and was going to be straight to video also. Kitamura ended up making Down to Hell 2 into a full length theatrical feature, and renamed it Versus. The trailer for Down To Hell 2 is actually a very early Versus trailer.
__________________________________________________ __
I can't wait for the film it should arrive on Tuesday so when I see it I post a small review of it on the board.

peace,
Rob

mcchrist
02-10-2003, 12:15 PM
OK, so chalk up yet ANOTHER disc I need to buy! :mad: These companies need to slow down so my wallet can catch up!

robman795
02-10-2003, 03:51 PM
My wallet and I wish anime was cheaper. I mean geez its expensive stuff.

Shannafey
02-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Man, I never heard of this. Now, I have to see it. There's a collectibles show coming up at the end of the month down here and I'm sure the yumyumanime guys will be there, and I'll try to get it from them there.

robman795
02-13-2003, 09:24 AM
I just watched the flick yesterday I enjoyed it. It's very low buget looks like it was shot on a cam corder. There is some really good low buget gore. The scene where this guy is getting his guts pulled out rocks. Cause the zombie I guess you could call him that only grabs one strand of the guys gut and pulls it and pulls it like he's pulling a rope. You can still see some of the Ryuhei Kitamura directing in it. But say you thought he ripped off his directing in Versus from Sam Raimi you havent seen nothing yet. DTH has this shaky cam effect which looks like just like it was taken out of ED.