PDA

View Full Version : The Howling, The Fog, and Scanners

Cujo108
01-21-2001, 01:13 AM
I hate the fact that MGM owns the rights to these classics! These films are excellent and need special editions! Not barebones releases. Scanners isn't even on their upcoming release list, but it should be. I hope that MGM comes to their senses and releases The Howling and The Fog with the LD extras. They must! Sorry for this little rant, I just needed to let it out, hehe.

Vdlman
01-21-2001, 01:32 AM
I'm with you on this one Cujo108. MGM needs to hear us out. Anybody care to start a letter writing campaign?

napalm68
01-21-2001, 01:56 AM
Yeah, I agree. When is the last time MGM released a back catalog title with any extras?

Although in their defence, at least they price them accordingly, unlike those paramount rip off merchants...

But I don't think they realise that people who are going to buy the film would much rather pay an SRP of $30 for a spec ed than $20 for a bare bones. Maybe any petitions started ought to point out this fact. In fact, based on newsgroup and forum traffic, people have NOT bought MGM titles as they are featureless and missing extras available on LD. So I believe they would in fact sell more copies if they put out spec eds at a dearer price.

Maybe we need to do some more research to get sales figures of similare cult horror titles put out by places like Anchor Bay.

Just my thoughts...

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Mark Relford
01-21-2001, 03:28 AM
I would love to see the laserdisc supplements for The Fog and The Howling! I don't mind paying higher prices for nice special editions.
The Lion also owns the rights to Motel Hell and The Fearless Vampire Killers. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-20-2001).]

JBENE
01-21-2001, 04:30 AM
I hear a strong rumour that THE FOG transfer is gonna look fabulous because they were lucky enough to track down the original negative.As far as extras, well it's MGM.

ArrowBeach
01-21-2001, 07:20 AM
I wouldnt dish MGM yet. for 14.99 SRP they did special editions to HELL UP IN HARLEM, FOXY BROWN, COFFY and isd going to give us extras for CHERRY 2000, so maybe they will for these IF enough of us request it. its worth a try!

Cujo108
01-22-2001, 12:00 AM
Okay, everybody mail MGM and request them to death about these films. Come on, we've got to try!

Jason25
01-22-2001, 12:11 AM
I've e-mailed them numerous times concerning extras on their dvd's and never once did they even acknowledge me, unlike Synapse, Elite, and Anchor Bay who responded back. I was very polite and supportive and nothing. So, to hell with MGM, their releases suck. I doubt this will ever change. I tried informing them as have thousands of other fans but they don't care, they are in it for the quick buck and nothing else.

ArrowBeach
01-22-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Jason25:

I've e-mailed them numerous times concerning extras on their dvd's and never once did they even acknowledge me, unlike Synapse, Elite, and Anchor Bay who responded back. I was very polite and supportive and nothing. So, to hell with MGM, their releases suck. I doubt this will ever change. I tried informing them as have thousands of other fans but they don't care, they are in it for the quick buck and nothing else.

God you are lucky! I emailed Anchor bay many mnay times, and they never reponded ot my emails! However I actually talked to on the phone with someone at MGM and they seem quite nice and friendly. Perhaps we should give them a jingle?