PDA

View Full Version : Any word on this Vincent Price title?

Horrorfan
02-26-2003, 11:31 PM
I am a big fan of The Last Man on Earth. I know there are a few cheap dvds floating around of this but does anyone know if MGM might release this as part of there Midnight movies line?

mcchrist
02-27-2003, 03:33 AM
It would be nice if they did!

Zodiac-Mindwarp
02-27-2003, 07:45 AM
All I have seen around are just the cheap ass junk versions.

But I have not seen a list recently for upcoming MGM movies, so I will hold out just a tiny little bit of hope!

mutleyhyde
02-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Nice avatar HF!!

Horrorfan
02-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks I really like it myself

ekent
02-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey, I have this set and Last Man on Earth is re-mastered w/ anammorphic widescreen. It is a tight version, twice as good as the diamond release version. Here is the link.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FPG001005

Trust me, this version kicks ass and I totally reccomend it. Buy it at once!

Zodiac-Mindwarp
02-27-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the tip Ekent. :D

I have never seen this one around before.

One heck of a good price for 5 movies, especially if the transfers are good!

Horrorfan
02-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Ekent I have a question for you. What is the pakaging like on that collection and how does House on Haunted Hill look?

ekent
02-27-2003, 06:14 PM
One heck of a good price for 5 movies, especially if the transfers are good!

I am only speaking for the LMOE quality, all the rest of the movies are probably comparable to other releases. LMOE is top notch though, primo.

Ekent I have a question for you. What is the pakaging like on that collection and how does House on Haunted Hill look?

HOHH looks a little better than the Diamond version. The picture on the link I provided is the front of the box. There are 3 discs LMOE is on a disc by itself. The artwork to each disc is comparable to the cover of the box but w/ different titles on each individual cover.

Horrorfan
02-27-2003, 08:14 PM
March 4th Madacy entertainment is relesing Last Man on Earth to dvd for the first time by itself. I ordered it today.

ekent
02-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Why did you do that? I doubt it will be a good copy considering Madacy's other titles that I have had experience with. I did't want any of the other movies in the set but I would have paid 14.99 for LMOE alone. Also, LMOE is on its own disc, w/ its own case, separate from the other movies, so while not technically sold separate it is it's own entity. I would cancel that order if I were you (unless you have some insight as to the quality of the Madacy release).