PDA

View Full Version : How many hammer films do...

Zombie Keeper
04-14-2001, 03:10 AM
How many hammer films do you own and on what media platform, DVD or VHS?

HammerFANatic
04-14-2001, 12:52 PM
I currently own 68 Hammer films and while most are in the video format, I do own some titles in both DVD and video. Here's the breakdown:

Video-66
DVD-12 (One disc is the Hammer Trailer)
LD-6

Zombie Keeper
04-14-2001, 06:16 PM
Wow! That's a lot. Growing up as a kid I watched a lot of hammer films on our local creature feature show.

Do you know of any decent hammer web sites with good community?

Originally posted by HammerFANatic:
I currently own 68 Hammer films and while most are in the video format, I do own some titles in both DVD and video. Here's the breakdown:

Video-66
DVD-12 (One disc is the Hammer Trailer)
LD-6

Funktion
04-15-2001, 01:00 PM
HammerFANatic, a question:

what Hammer trailers disk do you own?

Where did you get it?

I know about the soon-to-be-released trailers disks ("The Horror of Hammer" & "Tales of Frankenstein"), including the one from Anchor Bay (the one that will be given with the 1st 10.000 copies of "Blood From the Mummy's Tomb"), but I didn't know that one was already available...

mutleyhyde
04-16-2001, 11:04 AM
HF, you are my hero. I bow to you, o queen. :D

I am only missing the Reptile on dvd (yes, STILL!), and have copies of The Vampire Lovers, Twins of Evil :D , and The Mummy on VHS. I also have the documentary, Flesh and Blood, on VHS. I guess that brings me to 22 movies, the trailers, and the documentary.

Funktion, AB did a promo dvd of trailers for Hammer movies that they had the rights to. It was given out at Suncoast Videos, as well as others maybe(?), with the purchase of a Hammer dvd. While now out of circulation at the retail level, they can be had for about 20-25 bucks on ePay.

HammerFANatic
04-16-2001, 02:18 PM
Funktion, the disc MH is speaking of from AB is the one I have. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and got mine for free....someone had an extra and wanted to rid themselves of it! :eek:

MH....you're making me blush! ;) Actually, I'm most impressed with you! You only need, The Reptile to complete the currently available Hammer disc releases?!

Funktion
04-16-2001, 11:37 PM
Just wondering: does anyone know if the "trailers disk" you mentioned will be the same that will be included with the 1st 10000 copies of "Blood From the Mummy's Tomb"?

I would hate to pay some $$$ at e-bay just to have the same dvd on a later date...

mutleyhyde
04-17-2001, 01:14 AM
Yes, HF, 'tis true, I only need The Reptile. I don't know why I don't just commit and go put my bucks down for it... oh, yeah I do; so many Criterions to buy!! :eek:

Funktion, go here... http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/about/contactusquestions.asp
and ask 'em. :) It's my guess that the extra disc included in
Blood From the Mummy's Tomb is going to have all the trailers from before, that were on the first promo disc, as well as trailers for AB's new acquisitions. That IS, however, a blatant guess on my part, so go get some insider info for us and let us know. AB is real good about answering their email. Go. Now. :D

Django
04-18-2001, 10:35 AM
Here's where I hang my head in shame.

I own 2 on DVD, Four Sided Triangle and Prehistoric Women. 3 counting that Trailer disc (which I tricked the counter jockey into giving me when I bought ELITE's Evil Dead DVD).

On video I have 6: The Quatermass Xperiement, Quatermass and the Pit, Frankenstein Created Woman, Frankenstein Must Be Destoyed, Dracula A.D. 1972, and Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires.

Yeah, I know...

mutleyhyde
04-18-2001, 11:06 AM
Hey DJ, don't hang yer head in shame - Prehistoric Women is a classic!! Well, a classic guilty pleasure. :D Also, I love Four Sided Triangle. What a quirky but well done little gem of a movie! Of course, any Hammer is good Hammer, but I especially like FCW. To quote Gene Wilder, "What knockers!" And guillotines too! I've always loved guillotines! :) And a great "revenge from beyond the grave" story! What's not to like? And finally, I must ask - which edit do you have of Seven Golden Vampires? I used to absolutely hate this movie, until I saw the original edit. The American edit shows just how bad piss poor editing can ruin a movie. I strongly suggest you pick up the dvd if all you have is the American version (if you have an AB video, I bet it's the UK edit, but check it out to be sure). It also has a great audio adaptation read by Peter Cushing. Quite nice!! Well, happy collecting! :D

HammerFANatic
04-18-2001, 10:53 PM
Anybody who collects Hammer films need never hang their head in shame! I'm always impressed to see everyone's collections....way to go, Hammeroids! :D

Django
04-19-2001, 12:23 AM
I wasn't shameful of the titles I own so much as the fact that I own so few on DVD. Yet another case of something always coming up and I haven't picked them up yet.

Anyway as far as I know, I believe the Anchor Bay tape of 7 Vampires has BOTH the US and UK versions. It's buried deep within my collection so it's not handy, but I seem to recall it saying both was included.

I know it took forever to fast forward to the trailer when I first bought it.

Regardless, I own the readily available AB collector's edition tape...

HammerFANatic
04-19-2001, 03:59 AM
Django, the AB video of, The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires does indeed have both the US and the UK versions of the film on it.

Funktion
04-24-2001, 08:05 PM
Just a quick note: I was told by Anchor Bay that the trailers dvd that comes with the first 10000 copies of "Blood From the Mummy's Tomb" is the same one Anchor Bay gave away at Suncoast Videos stores.

Johnny Alucard
04-24-2001, 10:37 PM
I currently own 70 different Hammer films on 3 formats with some duplicates:

VHS = 39
Laserdisc = 40
DVD = 15

The # of Hammer Films and the # of DVD's will both be going up later this year thankfully with Anchor Bay's new releases. :p

mutleyhyde
04-25-2001, 01:38 AM
Bummer Funktion - I was hoping they'd have the new issues as well. RATS!

HammerFANatic
04-25-2001, 05:10 PM
That is a bummer about the trailer disc being re-issued by AB, but it should help some fans that missed out on the disc the first time 'round and it should also help in seeing the prices for that disc drop on eBay!

Diamondhead
05-01-2001, 03:27 PM
Checking in a little late but I've got 26 on VHS (plus three trailer comps), 4 on DVD and 35 on laser disc.