PDA

View Full Version : Question For MH or Anyone Who Owns....

HammerFANatic
05-08-2001, 03:16 PM
Spaceways. Is this film an enjoyable effort from the early sci-fi collection of Hammer? It sounds like an interesting film, but I'd enjoy reading some thoughts on the film and does this carry the normally high price-tag that Hammer discs tend to?

HammerFANatic
05-09-2001, 03:12 AM
Not sure when Spaceways was released, but een with not having this disc, you still only need two to complete that collection! Just to be snotty, The Reptile is one of the discs I have managed to get! :p

mutleyhyde
05-09-2001, 04:17 AM
Brat! :mad:

(Jus' playin' :D )

mutleyhyde
05-09-2001, 07:54 AM
Hey!! Just when the hell did that come out??!!!?? Jeeze, I'm slippin'! Well, it's an Image disc, msrp is at 25 bucks, but should be had at 20 no problem. Damn, I feel so... inadequate. Sorry, but I can't comment on the movie, as I don't believe I've ever seen it. But you can bet your lilly white fangs I'll be pickin' this up at some point. Probably when I get around to finally picking up that Reptile disc I've been needing forever, heh.

HammerFANatic
05-09-2001, 04:25 PM
Me, too! I'm always happy to hear that someone is close to or has completed that Hammer disc collection. :D Do keep us posted, should you pick up that Spaceways disc!

mutleyhyde
05-22-2001, 04:57 AM
Stil haven't got it, but...
http://www.dvdplanet.com/productimages/front/13909.jpg

http://www.dvdplanet.com/productimages/back/13909.jpg

Looks good, don't it? *sigh*, one day...

HammerFANatic
05-22-2001, 04:29 PM
It sure does! :D

Fart Lighter
05-26-2001, 12:08 PM
is the disk quality actually any good? image are prone to ones with poor sound.

mutleyhyde
05-27-2001, 03:47 AM
Lighter, the audio from the source elements probably suck, so I wouldn't expect much. My Kiss of the Vampire dvd from Image certainly did a good job, both in audio and video.

Fart Lighter
05-28-2001, 12:20 AM
I thought that at first, but it's too much of a coincidence that so many of their titles up to about a year ago (and the occasional one still) have the same problems. The UK VHS of BAY OF BLOOD (TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE) had fine sound on it, so there's clearly a decent source element for that. GHOST STORY, wehn shown on TV recently had perfect audio, but Image's DVD had the worst ever.

Image have improved, there's no doubt about it, but there are big holes in their quality control here and there. I bought their DVD of LISA AND THE DEVIL and it was worse than my VHS, which wasn't good really.
I'll still be working my way thorugh their films, but only after reading reviews. Oh, and they sometimes cut films (just like Disney!). FEMALE VAMPIRE for example.