PDA

View Full Version : Encounters of the Spooky Kind?

Suicide
03-11-2003, 06:03 AM
Just browsing Netflix and I came across this 1980 Sammo Hung movie, which I'd never heard of. The reviews described it as a sort of Evil Dead Kung-Fu movie, which sounds really cool, but has anyone seen this? I'd like to hear some opinions before I rent it.

slinker
03-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah i remember this one, its a riot! think im gonna have to get this one... i swear there was hopping vampires and lots of supernatural oddities, its been a long time since ive seen it and im pretty sure theres a sequel too but if i remember rightly this is damn good shit! :D

mcchrist
03-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Hopping vampires rule! I've always wanted to go to a goth club as a hopping vampire. Just hop around.

Encounters of the Spooky Kind is a fun flick, definitly worth checking out. There is a sequel, but I've never seen it.

Paff
03-11-2003, 04:28 PM
It's kinda fun. The first half is more Evil Dead-ish (even though it came out 3 tears BEFORE Evil Dead!) where Sammo is proving his manhood by staying in a shack fighting off demons or vampires or whatever.

Second half is all Kung-Fu. Good if you're a fan of Sammo Hung though.

Fart Lighter
03-11-2003, 07:07 PM
I love this movie. It's the one with the exploding Chicken in it, and Sammo Hung pretending to be possesed by a Monkey ghost. Great silly fun in the Mr. Vampire mould.

aoiookami
03-12-2003, 04:52 AM
I own this one on DVD, and its great. as mentioned above, the first half is basically comedy, as Sammo has to spend a few nights in a haunted shack, but the end fight scene is pretty amazing and fun. Theres some cool sacrafice/spell casting scenes. Its a really great movie if youre a fan of the old school, cheesy martial arts

too bad the sequal has vanished off the face of the earth forever:eek2: really hard to even find info on it...

Lindane
03-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Iv'e got the sequel on vhs. I think the sequel is just as good. It's called Spooky Encounters.