PDA

View Full Version : AMC Hammer Alert!

HammerFANatic
02-09-2001, 02:20 PM
On Saturday, 10 February, AMC will be airing, The Abominable Snowman at 10:30AM EST, so, if you've not seen this film or you need it in your video collection....set those VCRs up! :D

jae
02-09-2001, 05:43 PM
I wish I could see it.. I moved in November and the cable company here doesn't have AMC because they have TNT and both channels would be 'duplication'.. AMC shows all the good classic horror/scifi, Hitchcock and Vincent Price.. What does TNT show? Nothing :) Ohwell.

Paff
02-09-2001, 07:43 PM
Is The Abominable Snowman any good? I see it all the time for sale at Big Emma's but haven't picked it up. I tend to prefer the Hammer vampire movies, since that fits in with the Gothic motif and scenery the best.

Also, not Hammer, but I believe they're showing The Fall of the House of Usher on AMC this weekend as well. Nice photography, and definitely in the Hammer "tradition"

HammerFANatic
02-10-2001, 04:50 AM
Jae, sorry to hear about the loss of your AMC! :(

Paff, The Abominable Snowman is a wonderfully atmospheric film. If you're not sure how you feel about the film, I'd recommend watching it on AMC before making the purchase, but I feel certain you'll enjoy the film! :D

carl.kolchak
02-10-2001, 05:51 AM
Thanks HF, you can't go wrong with Peter Cushing! :) I might have to break down and pay those crooks at directv the extra $10 a month to get AMC if they keep airing Hammer movies. :D

HammerFANatic
02-10-2001, 02:04 PM
Always a pleasure to keep my fellow Hammer fans up-to-date on any Hammer airings! :D